Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Business Possibility? ~ Shoe store

• 7 posts
    July 8, 2007 3:16 AM EDT
    I think it is a great idea.  You could also develop a great niche market for it online.

---
    Denise Armstrong, President - Intelligence & Investigative Solutions, Inc.
    www.iis-fl.com ~ darm@iis-fl.com

• 2 posts
    July 7, 2007 9:42 PM EDT

I`m in somewhat a sad situation.  I`m currently in the military but I have conflicting goals.  On one hand I love my job and I`ve been sent to the best place in the world, Italy. 

The problem is that I`m totally obsessed with shoes.  I`ve been here for just over 3 years and over this time I`ve made friends with the local shoe venders here that always provides me with the latest shoe for exposure.  For the last year and a half I`ve been speaking to my friends about the idea of opening a shoe store in the states.  The location that I wanted was my small home town.  Reasons because the item isn`t really offered except at stores like WalMart or clothing stores.  My approach to this was to offer ladies dress shoes and matching accesories. 

The shoes that we have in the states are basicly Italy`s shoes from the year before.  Is this a good idea?  I`m open to suggestions.

• 2 posts
    July 9, 2007 5:59 AM EDT
    Thanks for the optimism deniseusf and book lover.  I think I will start the planning process? And suggestion where to start?
    • 56 posts
    July 8, 2007 8:20 AM EDT
    Go for it; it sounds like you`ve been going to school over the past few years, and now you`re ready to graduate.
    • 56 posts
    July 9, 2007 11:25 AM EDT
    Right here!  There is so much information on this site.  Just
    start reading and you`re bound to find people who have been where you
    are and have done what you want to do.