Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Elevator Pitches

Brewpub investors?

• 1 posts
    August 6, 2012 6:47 PM EDT

Leahkate - just wondering if you got any advice on the above posting. Curious for similar info.

• 1 posts
    May 31, 2012 8:21 AM EDT

Hi. I have two craft brewpubs which are very new (both less than 18 months) and profitable. I want to open a third - which is larger and in a better location. I approached SBA and they said that I was close but needed another $40,000 in cash in order to close a loan with them for $150K, which will partially fund construction. Neither of the existing pubs have any debt.

I have an excellent record, good credit, etc. The problem is the short time I've been in business - or it's a problem for the SBA. I'm thinking that if I only need the $40K, it might be better for me to bypass the banks altogether and just find an investor in exchange for ownership and a loan.

I created and built both existing pubs, and was general manager at both until I was able to train employees to take over. I'm ready for a new venture. Please let me know if you are interested in seeing a business plan, or if you have any ideas about how I would go about this. I really only need about $150K total, which includes cash for ramp-up and reserves in case of a slow opening (the other two I opened were profitable from day one). I have some cash, and the landlord is kicking in a huge TI budget. It's a new development, high foot traffic, high income, etc.

I live in Portland, Oregon, by the way, home to the best beer on earth...

• 926 posts
    August 16, 2012 8:35 AM EDT

Leahkate,

Based upon the information you've given- you should be able to find a lender who will work with you. Probably not an SBA loan - since they follow a pretty tight "script" for approvals.

As an alternative strategy, you could go for investment capital- but that could be fairly 'expensive" money in the long run.

If you would like to discuss your specific situation, feel free to drop me a PM or contact me directly.

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com