Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Critique of website

• 47 posts
    June 17, 2013 4:14 AM EDT

Do you know where your visitors are coming from, what they are looking at, and how long they are staying?  That information will help you determine what could be the problem and what needs to be changed on your site.  You might also want to consider using a heatmap to learn what areas of your home page are "hot", what are not, and what needs to be improved upon.  

And there is nothing wrong with doing your own SEO, but there of course is good and bad SEO, effective and non-effective SEO.  So what in particular have you been doing in terms of SEO?

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 47 posts
    June 13, 2013 4:58 AM EDT

Hi Online.  Well I think that your site is pretty clean, which is good.  I like the slider features on the home page.  But I would really try to get your menu to all fit on one line.  On a laptop, the menu is continued on two lines instead of one.  I would also suggest adding a little more color to the site to make it more eye-catching.  You can keep it clean but still add some more color.  And the Facebook and Newsletter sign up towards the bottom of the page looks misplaced and misaligned.

And I'm curious, who is your target market?  Are you targeting women in Singapore or American women who are interested in Singapore fashion?  I see a mix of models, which is fine, but I'm not understanding who your target market is.

I wish you the best, and I hope my thoughts help.

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 13 posts
    June 12, 2013 10:47 AM EDT

Oh,  I also think your clothes are priced almost too cheap.  I'm no expert,  but that supports the idea of raising a little and having  promotions, sales.

no mate. this price is a bit above average in Singapore. I did saw before, people are selling nearly my cost price!!!

-------------------------

• 13 posts
    June 12, 2013 10:50 AM EDT

Got your ideas mate!

Thanks a lot for the tips!

I had reduced the slider size by 200 px. Now my customers should be able to see the featured items. :)

For the speed of the website, that is the best I can do. Not sure how to reduce the loading time. Even back home, I am taking around 3 to 5 sec to load the front page.

My items are all consignment based, therefore I would not be able to do any size exchange for my customers. I know in the states, it is possible.

Will also make the measurement page more accessible, so that customers will know how to find out if the clothes fit them well.

It's a nice site.  Looks a lot like a Wordpress style site.  But that's OK.  Need to tighten up the height a little to SHOW THE PRODUCTS!  The bottom slideshow is NICE !!  Should be better higher up by 100 -  200 px.  Maybe can shrink the middle images a little too. 

It is elegant, clean, colors are good.  Have to look too hard for home button. 

OH,  the top slideshow did not start for over 10 seconds.  That is too slow,  make it 5 or 6 seconds.

When nice products do not sell, the reason is trust and fear of no fit.  Your About Us must focus on  Your Address.  Real company address, phone number,  Returns Address.   Speed of returns, replacements?   Filming one model or two in a video section might be good, or on a home page "walk on" with transparent background or pop up.

Emphasize  Customer Service and Quality.  The prices look reasonable.  Make more statements about Quality of items.  Say they are not cheap costume jewelry.  What guarantee?  how do you stand apart?  What is your competitive advantage?

Don't go international.  People don't trust going too far.  It is TOO expensive marketing. You can not depend only on organic marketing.  YOu need to appear in some local area touted list of better suppliers and refer to it from top of your site:   "Named Better Online Women's Clothing Online of Singapore  by ______________". 

I think maybe online clothing is difficult, In USA mainly only Well-Known Brands and well known stores are successful  online. 

I really think the concept is difficult.  All online is getting VERY difficult because so crowded.  The whole world does not fit on Google, sorry.   It will be time for BIG CHANGE within 2 or 3 years. 

Raise prices a little and then run  Sales, discounts.  Now everybody wants a sale.  Give them only 10 days or so at a time.   "Buy Now and Save !!", 

The site over all is a little slow.  That's a  problem with generated pages.

Good luck 

- - - -

BG Design  -  USA

• 13 posts
    July 18, 2013 8:06 AM EDT

Thanks RJ933. Starting to get traffic in from organic search. which is good news!

finally I am in the top 10 of my keywords. but would go through all the tips given. then would be able to drive in more sales.

CF = Citation Flow

• 13 posts
    June 14, 2013 6:58 AM EDT

Target market is Singapore.

I am still trying to think of a way to reduce the page to be 1 fitting page.

for the fan page and the newsletter, I do not know how to make it nicely. I had tried, but failed. This is the best I can make, currently. I am trying to do SEO for my website. Hopefully it will works and drive in the correct traffic in.

Now, all the visitors are just taking a look at the website and no sales at all.

• 13 posts
    June 26, 2013 3:01 PM EDT

this week, I had checked my CF, it has dropped by 50%. May I know how do I check what is wrong with my site?

it was having 34 CF and now it is like 15... :(

Need help soon....

• 13 posts
    June 12, 2013 9:22 AM EDT

Hi Guys,

Would like to seek your help to take a look at my website.

It's located in Singapore, and we are doing Online Shopping and dresses online for ladies, but at this point of time, there isn't much sales... I have like 300 visitors per day, but none hit the purchase button.

I am not sure what has done wrong, but would like to seek your advise, to see what I can do to improve further.

I am planning to move to international, but I would need to have a stable local customers base 1st.

This would be the online shopping website

• 13 posts
    August 6, 2013 6:01 AM EDT

Hi Guys, recently my ranking drop by more than 50%. Not sure is it due to the honeymoon period for google. Anyone can advise on it?

I was rank 1 to 3 for my keywords and now I am rank 8 to 9. :(

• 53 posts
    June 26, 2013 8:44 PM EDT

Is CF "conversion factor"? Not sure what you mean by that. We thought you said you had 300 per day but no sales? 

Proper diagnosis of a site is crucial to success. Take a look at 2 or 3 pages on  Web-Success.net  relating to traffic analysis and diagnosis.

http://www.web-success.net/website-traffic-statistics.html    (copy paste, the post link function is not working).

www.BGdesign.us

• 53 posts
    June 12, 2013 10:05 AM EDT

It's a nice site.  Looks a lot like a Wordpress style site.  But that's OK.  Need to tighten up the height a little to SHOW THE PRODUCTS!  The bottom slideshow is NICE !!  Should be better higher up by 100 -  200 px.  Maybe can shrink the middle images a little too. 

It is elegant, clean, colors are good.  Have to look too hard for home button. 

OH,  the top slideshow did not start for over 10 seconds.  That is too slow,  make it 5 or 6 seconds.

When nice products do not sell, the reason is trust and fear of no fit.  Your About Us must focus on  Your Address.  Real company address, phone number,  Returns Address.   Speed of returns, replacements?   Filming one model or two in a video section might be good, or on a home page "walk on" with transparent background or pop up.

Emphasize  Customer Service and Quality.  The prices look reasonable.  Make more statements about Quality of items.  Say they are not cheap costume jewelry.  What guarantee?  how do you stand apart?  What is your competitive advantage?

Don't go international.  People don't trust going too far.  It is TOO expensive marketing. You can not depend only on organic marketing.  YOu need to appear in some local area touted list of better suppliers and refer to it from top of your site:   "Named Better Online Women's Clothing Online of Singapore  by ______________". 

I think maybe online clothing is difficult, In USA mainly only Well-Known Brands and well known stores are successful  online. 

I really think the concept is difficult.  All online is getting VERY difficult because so crowded.  The whole world does not fit on Google, sorry.   It will be time for BIG CHANGE within 2 or 3 years. 

Raise prices a little and then run  Sales, discounts.  Now everybody wants a sale.  Give them only 10 days or so at a time.   "Buy Now and Save !!", 

The site over all is a little slow.  That's a  problem with generated pages.

Good luck 

- - - -

BG Design  -  USA

• 53 posts
    June 12, 2013 10:07 AM EDT

Oh,  I also think your clothes are priced almost too cheap.  I'm no expert,  but that supports the idea of raising a little and having  promotions, sales.

• October 25, 2013 7:17 AM EDT

Hello, Just took a look at your great site. i think your stuff is quite affordable and thats a big advantage for a poor graphic designer like me :). If you need to improve it further please contact me at http://www.logodesignpros.com/web-it/custom-website-design/ and I'll help you out!