Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Are vending machines a viable business?

• 2 posts
    June 5, 2012 4:39 PM EDT

There is a free guide that is worth checking out on Scribd.com. It's a e-book/pdf style document on the vending machine business. It is over 70 pages in length and some parts of it provide quite detailed advice on the vending machine business. Definitely worth a look - here's the link -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/95823329/Vending-Machine-Business-Guide

I'd recommend reading the intro and table of contents first and then skim through and read the sections that interest you. Some chapters offer general business advice while others go into more detail on vending.

---
    Start a Hot Dog Stand

• 1 posts
    September 17, 2012 4:30 AM EDT

Hi everyone,

I agree with the sentiment that a vending machine business can be profitable with hard work, sufficient capital, and a combination of strategy and good location.  It's important to stay up to date on trends - for example, there's a a lot of new demand for healthy foods to be available in the machines.  We started our vending machine business in Ohio over 20 years ago with only one machine!  (If you'd like to check it out you can at http://www.sciotovending.com) Since then, we've just kept growing a few machines at a time.  You'll also find that you can supply other services as well.  If anyone has any other questions, we'd love to answer.  Best of luck!

• 331 posts
    June 11, 2009 6:50 AM EDT
    awesome answer besthealth....

on the surface they sound very good.....but in reality i have heard the same issues. restocking, paying rent space, placing them, damages, maintenance, someone to go collect and refill daily, etc.

that said, i absolutely love the concept of the red box, the DVD vending machine. genius! the manufacturer that is, prolly not so much the owner of individual machines here and there lol.

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Make Extra Money Online - Paid Surveys
    File an Airline Complaint - Sue the Airline
    Dubai Information
    Accounts Receivable Factoring
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 331 posts
    June 14, 2009 5:14 AM EDT
    phanio,

whilei i disgaree with your initial point (as some business plans or models are just doomed inherently from the get go), you do make a very good point of building a stream of income and feeding it into a long term investment such as rental housing. that is exactly what i do. see investing is a long term game. you won`t become rich overnight.  if you want to become rich, focus on increasing the top line, by adding income streams or growing existing ones. i have started and sold websites and currently operate three highly profitable ones.  since costs are minimal to run the business, i take a lot of the proceeds and invest in rental housing. with the current market, making $300-500 monthly cash flow on a house/condo is not difficult (plus you build long term equity and reap the tax advantages). excellent point 

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Dubai Information
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 331 posts
    June 19, 2009 11:46 AM EDT
    alicia,

want to shed light on how many vending machines it takes to live an "ok" lifestyle? by ok i mean basic necessities and just a tad bit more to shove into savings....

---
    The Extra Money Blog
    Dubai Information
    Structured Settlements
    Raw Food for Dogs
    Care of Bamboo Plants

• 26 posts
    September 18, 2012 8:19 PM EDT

Coffee vending machine is one demand right now.

• 1 posts
    May 24, 2012 6:03 PM EDT

Yes, sure  my friend joy recently start a vending machine business, and he is satisfied with his business. He is also giving me  advice  me to open this business.

[url=http://www.difreshusa.com/]vendor machine business[/url]

• 1 posts
    May 27, 2013 7:30 AM EDT

I have been considering this business as well for some time now, but the question I have is what percentage of profits/rent amount is expected to be paid to the establishment that allows you to place your machine on their premises?

Does this vary by type of machine?

Is it a flat rate or percentage?

How does that work?

• 32 posts
    March 12, 2013 7:29 PM EDT

Yes, I am sure this kind of business can be of profit. Any business can work smoothly provided you have the skill and that motivation factor in you to make the business in perfect order.

Good Luck With Your Business!!

---
    Accounts Receivable Financing & Factoring | Accounts Receivable Funding | Factoring Accounts Receivable | Factoring Company

• 1 posts
    February 26, 2014 8:43 AM EST

The vending machine business is most definitely a profitable business venture.  However, just like any business, you have to be careful. When you're looking to buy a machine, be sure you buy from a reputable dealer or manufacturer.  But most importantly, solidify a location or two (preferably using a contract) before you make the plunge.  

There's a lot more to learn about the business. A great resource for this kind of information is at www.thevendingmachinestartup.com.

This post was edited by moonsie at February 26, 2014 8:44 AM EST
    • 1 posts
    June 30, 2014 12:01 PM EDT
    <blockquote><strong><a href="/community/profile/Aliya">Aliya</a> said:</strong><br /><p>You'll want to be sure your vending machine offers remote monitoring, so you know what's happening without leaving your home or office. Real time remote monitoring enables you to have a full stock of fresh products since you can view your inventory and see if there are any maintenance issues. It also helps reduce lost sales from items that are out of stock. A high quality franchise will only carry high quality machines, so again if you choose your franchise wisely you don't have to worry about these things.<br /><br /><br />[url=http://www.naturals2go.com/]healthy food vending franchise[/url]</p></blockquote><br />

Vending machines can be a great way to earn some money. They may not seem like the ideal job, but some people are actually able to make a great deal of money off of them. Abatix.com has a supply advantage program for inventory management, system configuration, delivery, and more that helps you get the best out of your vending machine business. Here's the link to the program: [http://www.abatix.com/Default.aspx?Page=customer&file=customer/abatix/customerpages/asap_vending.htm]