Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Are vending machines a viable business?

• 10 posts
    January 9, 2013 11:42 PM EST

You'll want to be sure your vending machine offers remote monitoring, so you know what's happening without leaving your home or office. Real time remote monitoring enables you to have a full stock of fresh products since you can view your inventory and see if there are any maintenance issues. It also helps reduce lost sales from items that are out of stock. A high quality franchise will only carry high quality machines, so again if you choose your franchise wisely you don't have to worry about these things.

[url=http://www.naturals2go.com/]healthy food vending franchise[/url]

• 1 posts
    June 9, 2009 5:01 PM EDT
    Is it possible to make money with vending machines? Any success stories out there?
    • 17 posts
    December 13, 2012 7:28 PM EST

For sure there are many success stories.

It depends on the person telling the story, too.

I know a place where vending machines are really doing good as business.

There are many factors that would affect this kind of business.

Just consider the most basic and important factors.

• 7 posts
    December 18, 2012 9:44 PM EST

I know one place where vending machines are doing great job, industries now a days using vending machines on high scale to manage their tools and inventories. There machines are not like normal soda or snacks vending machines but these are special vending machines called industrial vending machines. Sometimes industrial or tool vending machines play a vital role in improving the productivity to many folds.

Rfid solutions 

---
    Tool Tracking Software

• 1 posts
    June 19, 2009 5:27 AM EDT
    My husband and I own our own snack/soda vending business and it has definately proven successful to date.  The most important thing is not to buy a vending machine until you have secured a location for it.  Also, there are so many distributors of used vending machines that only cost a fraction of the brand new ones being pushed by sales persons.  Make sure you shop around before you make the purchase.  Make sure that your location will be a profitable one based on # of employees/visitors that will have access to the machine and the type of work that is being performed.  For example: factories, colleges, hotels and rehab facilities are much more profitable than a small to medium sized office.  If you stay ahead of the game and watch your profit margin closely- you will do very well (we sell everything for 2x the amount we purchased it for).  The only down side to the business is that it is very much a physical job.  Hope this helps a little.
    • 5 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:54 PM EDT

Is it possible to make money with vending machines? Any success stories out there?

It's possible to make money with just about anything assuming you know what you're doing.

Not saying I recommend going that route though just because you can make money with something.

---
    http://foreverjobless.com/

• 1 posts
    July 11, 2012 5:06 PM EDT

I operate a vending business and have been full-time for about 15 years...I started with  gum ball machines and now have everything from gum ball to arcade machines ..

I wouldn't do anything else myself..but its a job,not a get rich scheme or retirement but a high paying job that has no hours(don't have to open at 8 and close at 5 like most businesses) and no set days of the week,,the really only freedom job you can have.

I know a lot of millionaires in the biz but they run the gambling machines like sweepstakes and cherry masters..

My favorite machine is the coin pusher..i operate a bunch of them and manufacture my own model (not selling you or promoting just saying)..I like it best as there is no product and it makes really big money in stops that other machines don't..

IF its a restaurant i will put a crane machine or gum ball machine, but if its a c store then it gets a coin pusher..just different machines for different locations

ronsidney

www.blazingquarters.com

• 9 posts
    August 14, 2012 11:45 AM EDT

Hi there,

I think the vending business can most certainly be profitable.

It's all about location, location, location and making sure the

location is keeping your profits at or above where you want

them.

I'm in the vending business so to speak, but I vend cash.

I own ATM machines.  I love them because I don't have to

buy any products.  I technically can load the ATM up one

time with my cash and that initial load is just constantly

being recycled back into my bank account.

It's kind of cool.   As far as the ATM business goes though

I would suggest you start out filling your own machines....

literally takes 1 minute and 10.8 seconds and then once

you have enough machines, eventually hire a Brinks or

someone to do it for you.

Unless, of course, you don't mind filling them...then you'll

just save yourself some more moolah.

Carey

P.S.  You can pick up my free ATM Business Road Map and ATM Business Cheat Sheet over at my site if you'd like.  Click here ---->  Free ATM Business Information

---
    Start your own ATM Business and achieve a lifetime of passive income with your own ATM machines!

Click here to learn how to collect 100% of the surcharge fees from your ATM machines and how to start your ATM business with none of your own money!

• 1 posts
    December 9, 2012 11:39 PM EST

Vending machines have been a part of the landscape for decades and they haven't changed much in appearance. The average junk food vending machine is a brown-colored behemoth full of chocolate, chips, soda, and not much in the way of nutritional value.

healthy vending machines
    • 355 posts
    March 10, 2010 1:35 PM EST

Just my two cents worth.  The company I work for just had four machine pulled from two different locations. Both locations initially looked good.  There were all kinds of people milling about the areas where the machines would eventually be placed.

The first machine, a snack vending unit, was located in the lunchroom of our building. But, the rout owner soon found out nobody was buying snacks.  They already had their own food.

The other three machines ( two soda and one snack vending unit ) were pulled from the front lobby of an urgent care medical clinic.  The route owner found out to late that sick people generally are not interested in food or sodas.

Bottom-line, research the locations thoroughly before you place a machine.

Also, your losses on a machine that has been vandalized or burglarized include much more than product.  Be sure to include parts and labor for the repair.  The clock on labor rates starts when the service tech is dispatched to the location.  The clock stops when the tech puts your machine back into service.  This time could include the cost of taking your machine to his shop to fix it.  And, then bringing your machine back.  All of this is billable time for the service tech.

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 9 posts
    May 29, 2013 1:06 PM EDT

I'm sure the vending machines can be a successful business to have some quick cash flow in hand, it all depends on how you move. Personally I would opt for atm machines rather than vending machines. You can use leverage with small businesses about the fees they pay for having credit card processing machines.

Consider options.

---
    Deep down as a principle I reclaim the ability to think globally but act locally. It's all about connecting, the more we connect with people, the higher the potential. Collaborations are the keyword of today's global world. I'm a marketer. - www.cregency.com

• 167 posts
    June 11, 2009 5:09 AM EDT
    I`m sure there are many success stories. However, it depends on who is telling the story. The pitch man who wants you to purchase the machines? Of course you will hear loads of great successes. I would advise you to do some research - think of where you would like to place your machines; call and inquire from those sites of interest and see if they are interested in your business. Depending on the feedback - you will have a better idea of how you should proceed. Placing your machines can be quite a task especially in corporate and government/state businesses. If you can get them placed in a few small businesses (gas stations, beauty salons, churches, private medical practices) then you may be better able to get in with the bigger companies. My brother and a very good friend both ventured into the vending machine business and both have been stuck with the machines trying to place them. Interestingly, neither of them know each other but they are facing the same dilemma. I think they were caught up in the sales pitch of the meeting they attended which gave great numbers.

Good luck!!!!!

---
    Take each day, mold it and make it yours.......

http://www.solutionshealthnwellness.com

• 7 posts
    January 17, 2013 6:36 AM EST

It depends from whom you hear it.

---
    Visit my website: www.candymexican.com Surprise and delicious mexican candies directly from mexico to your home.

• 1 posts
    April 28, 2013 6:03 PM EDT

Owning a vending machine just might be the best business to have as you will be able to just see money coming in and it is a great way to make some residual income. If you are serious about making money, owning a vending machine just might be the business to have.

thanks

• 8 posts
    October 9, 2012 4:57 PM EDT

Forget it.

I had a friend.

Him and his dad ran a vending machine buis for years.

Finaly got to the point with vandalism, Example: Take a cresent wrench and just turn the handle till everything comes out.

Lot of machines are emptyed this way.

Good machine's are not cheep.

I would not do it.

When you have money and Inventory involved you will have problem's.

Very sorry but not the way to go anymore. 

---
    Aerial Photography, Video is what i want to do. Along with CNC machining and Solid works drawing. Manufacturing.

• 1 posts
    July 30, 2013 8:29 AM EDT

Look at nice vending idea on indigogo.com: pancake vending machine, and contribute it, and may be it will be in your city and will be your business!

• 2 posts
    June 17, 2012 10:14 PM EDT
    • 2 posts
    June 17, 2012 10:22 PM EDT

Ya vending machine business is profitable business.One of my friend is dealing in snacks vending machine and earning a great profit but this require suitable location and patience because its responding time is slow.

Vending Machine High

• 11 posts
    December 22, 2012 1:27 AM EST

There will always be some success stories out there.  After all, these vending machines wouldn't exist if they weren't making money.  Just be sure to do your research before risking a lot of your hard earned capital.

---

The Money Track
    Independent Financial Advice & Personal Financial Planning

• 8 posts
    January 18, 2013 5:41 PM EST

I am also a vending machine supplier. My ompany name is NAC Machineries located in india. Nowadays soda vending machine business is hot one. We can earn more money in this business.

Vending Machine

• 8 posts
    January 18, 2013 5:51 PM EST

I am also a vending machine supplier. My company name is NAC Machineries located in india. Nowadays soda vending machine business is hot one. We can earn more money in this business.

Vending Machine 

• 1 posts
    March 14, 2013 12:35 AM EDT

Try to get a mentor United Nations agency already contains a roaring hawking business. If they're operating a rather completely different market or niche from yours they'll typically be happy to assist a newcomer start right instead of seeing them fail and do harm to the native trade by dis-satisfactory shoppers or customers.

healthy snack machine

• 1 posts
    February 22, 2013 7:01 PM EST

Vending Machine business is grow day to day. Really it is a valuable one

Vending Machine

• 1 posts
    October 16, 2012 3:20 PM EDT

Lot of work for spare change. ROI is not worth it in my opinion. 

• 5 posts
    March 12, 2013 6:31 AM EDT

Hi all look making cash during this business depends upon adequate individuals passing your slot machine. The units square measure ideally settled wherever several customers are within the presence of the machine therefore on guarantee high sales volume. smart locations would come with looking centers, care facilities, academic establishments, and transportation centers. you'll be drawn to the present business due to the idea of passive financial gain, which suggests that you just can earn financial gain although you're not truly merchandising the products at the venue, nor square measure you hiring workers to sell the products.

snack vending machines for sale