Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Commercializing Your Invention

Help needed

• 2 posts
    September 4, 2007 10:55 AM EDT

I have an idea for a food product but have never worked in that industry.  Does anyone have any contacts for trying to bring the product to marketplace?  I have no idea how to go about the process.  I have contacted several local food manufacturers that have distributorship with local stores throughout the area, but have either not heard any sort of reply or they don`t accept "ideas" from the public.

I see that most people suggest starting the patent process....can a food product really be patented??... usually you see several types of the same product from different manufacturers.  Although this product is just a combo of current items available, I don`t believe I have ever seen my product available in the marketplace.

Thanks!

• 2 posts
    September 5, 2007 4:34 AM EDT
    I am not looking to start a business... just possibly sell the product to someone that can produce/distribute/market it. 
    • 19 posts
    September 5, 2007 7:57 AM EDT

Depends on what`s your idea. If it`s food itself, probably not patentable, yet package or way to process serve food still have room.  I think you need to talk to someone, lawyer perhaps, who has experience in this field.