Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Just launched a restaurant website.

• 79 posts
    • 47 posts
    July 21, 2013 12:30 PM EDT

Hi klevin.  Well I think RJ did a nice job at hitting the main points.  The only thing I would add is that I think the "noisey" header, footer, and background are a bit too much.  So I would maybe think about varying that a little and perhaps making the header background just one clean color.  I also think that the home page has a bit too much on it.  You don't want to make the mistake of trying to say everything about your business on the home page.  That's what the main menu is for, so that visitors can explore and learn on specific pages.  So I would recommend that you eliminate some things on the home page to clean it up and condense it, and also list your weekly specials on the home page prominently instead of having a link to them, making visitors do more work than they may be willing to.  So those are just my opinions.  Hope it helps.  Wish you the best.

David @ www.touchpointdigitalmarketing.com

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 2 posts
    July 20, 2013 9:11 PM EDT

We have just launched a website for a small restaurant selling international themed tacos.

I have been staring at too much over the last 3 weeks to see clearly. I would really appreciate feedback.

www.mondotaco.com 

The site is responsive but may have a few minor bugs.

Thanks.

• 2 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:44 PM EDT

Thanks for taking the time for your critiques and sorry for my late reply.

The comments about the lack of appetizing food photos in the site is a challenge. You are correct about the impact of  good product photos, but I face the challenge of not having any and no budget to create them. Hopefully, in time, we can have this  Cab be done.

I agree that the site does have a cluttered look, perhaps I can tone down the graphics.

Thanks again, you have given me a lot to think about and much to read in the articles on the sites you referenced.

• 53 posts
    July 21, 2013 3:31 AM EDT

Very Nice start.  That could get you by a while.

As a taco consumer, I like the business concept.  I think the pictures of food could be better and bigger and the text on left at top smaller, about 20% each.

It doesn't give us much feel for the flavor, and why is there a bowl and what is it?    Doesn't fit.

Avoid cutesy or ANY interpretation of your phrases.   We want a DESCRIPTION:  what's in it?

Your site loads way too slowly.  Something is wrong with your server or there's Flash.  We always warn about that.

Funny how people keep making the same mistake.  

See our #4 warning on Common Mistakes and  Design Tips Before you Begin at

www.Web-Success.net/design_tips_before_you_begin.html 

Put the Pictures in a smaller header, when you can, maybe the name and ingredients below as a caption on bigger pictures.  Your pictures are not clear and crisp enough either (but are your tacos crisp? ;)

Never put a  WELCOME pane, anymore.  That is old and passe' .

If it were me, I'd put your featured food  at top, in place of your top big Flash banner, but large, with nice medium descriptions.  I find those much more appealing.   A picture in this case is worth WAY more than your cutesy stylized text.  Yes you spend months getting those made right. Sorry.

Here is a site that we  use an example of well-crafted (and a bit expensive) but SELLS: 

www.cornerbakerycafe.com    Note how the food is the message in pictures,  one pane, large centered at middle.  It is also more interesting, with a theme and obvious big commitment, great matching colors, etc..

Hope that helps for starters.

-----

www.BGdesign.us  and   www.Web-Success.net

• 62 posts
    January 13, 2014 9:23 AM EST

Looks like you did some updates from when you first posted.  Photos are great way to comunicate especialy when it comes to food.  High resolution and detailed photos really make food sites all that much better.

Best of luck!

Document Search |Search for files

• 62 posts
    January 13, 2014 9:26 AM EST

Great idea! 

I think you should update your contact info.  Add a location of where you are exacltly include an email address besides a form to fillout.

Document Search |Search for files

• 46 posts
    January 15, 2014 11:50 AM EST

the site is good as you are a starter but have many discrepancies which require some improvements. First, use of pagination is required and is must as users get irritated when scroll for long time.They are much more intrested in clicking rather than scrolling. Second is use zooming effect on pictures as it makes your website more appealing. tour site is too slow to load.

rest is done good. hope you will take it as a compliment for futher improvement.