Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Custom mens suit business

• 1 posts
    June 25, 2013 11:43 AM EDT

Former CEO, George Zimmer, (Men's Warehouse) stepped down 2011, from CEO, and was totally fired off the pay-roll last week. I can't imagine what that feels like, after starting his own company 40 years ago. 

Anyway, from what I heard, he didn't want to go after the younger market and butted heads with the Board's decisions.

I didn't even know, that was happening, but, anyway. You're going to offer a tailor made suit, that

has to be created over seas? How long do your customers have to wait, 3-4 weeks? Most retail suit outlets, and make the proper adjustments in a few days. If you go totally custom, shoot for Big and Tall store. As far as, price, that would be custom too. 

Look up Men's Warehouse Story in google to see what their flaws were and make your company better.

---
    David Deke Creator/Host Get A Clue Marketing Show http://www.getacluemarketingshow.com

• 1 posts
    January 4, 2013 9:43 PM EST

Hi i am alcordia.

i was seeking for this thread about custom suits, jjstailors are the one of the very good custom tailor, that i have experienced. They are very well known in custom tailoring.

• 55 posts
    May 30, 2010 9:16 AM EDT

If you want to be a successfulone in business you have to realize that it all comes down to bottom line.

• 55 posts
    May 27, 2010 2:34 PM EDT

I'm considering starting a custom tailored mens suit business. My customer will be measured and have several selections of fabrics, materials and designs to choose from to make their suits truly a one of a kind piece of work custom made to their liking. The actual suits will be made overseas saving me hundreds of dollars in labor costs. I know many members here on StartupNation are familiar with suit buying. At what cost would you open your wallet for a custom made suit? Do you think it would be a better deal especially if the price is comparable to one you can get off the rack at Macy's?

• 18 posts
    January 16, 2013 2:20 AM EST

I have intention to create a new business and develop it in the market. I salute your thinking for starting a custom tailored mens suit business. I wish all the best to get success in your business.

---
    Wholesale packaging | Candy bags | Candy packaging | Cello bags | Clear bags | Food bags | Treat bags | Chocolate bags | Gift basket wrap | Clear cello | Mini bows