Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

What are ways to sell to busy professionals?

• 355 posts
    May 26, 2011 6:24 AM EDT

Rule # 1

Don’t just walk in on someone unannounced and expect to get anymore than directions to the exit.  Most busy professionals won’t give you the time of day without an appointment.    

So how do you get an appointment?  Start by drafting a well-written letter of introduction. Introduce yourself.  The letter should also contain information that suggests you’ve researched your prospective client and his business.  Maybe talk about their expansion program.  Then briefly talk about how your product or service could facilitate that program. 

Also reference your product or service catalog in the letter.  Include this along with the letter that you mail out to the prospective client. 

The next thing you want to include is a time and date you will call the client to set up a face to face meeting.  Set this date about a week to ten days out.  This leaves enough time for your letter to reach the client.  And, time for him to read it. 

He can now plan on setting time aside to talk to you.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to sent me an email.  My email address is culshaw@spcfreelance.com

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 55 posts
    May 26, 2011 5:16 AM EDT

I need to know how I go about selling my product to busy professionals and executives like CEOs, doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. Also ways to go about selling to the more affluent in general?

Thanks