Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Any thoughts on SMS Marketing?

• 1 posts
    June 9, 2013 10:17 PM EDT

SMS Marketing is a great way of promoting any business, but this campaign should be handled carefully because bad E-mail marketing can be count as spamming and spam can cost your business a lot, beside this there are many other ways by which you can promote your business just like social media marketing, SEO, PPC and many other internet marketing techniques.

IDF- Best Digital Marketing Companies

• 120 posts
    January 22, 2013 8:38 AM EST

At the same time, there are some limitations to SMS marketing. Senders can only use a maximum of 160 characters, meaning getting a complete marketing message out can be very difficult. Also, those who send multiple texts to continue their message may be seen as too aggressive or invasive by the customer. These limitations often force companies to use SMS marketing as simply the hook that draws the customer in to seek more information.

It is one of the cheapest and most affordable marketing techniques yielding good and positive responses from targeted areas. Researches reveal that users for mobile services are increasing day by day. This enhances the overall SMS marketing.

---
    Looking for the latest information on mortgage rates? Get a loan you love by visiting LoanLove.com and learn from our helpful experts.

• 33 posts
    January 28, 2013 10:21 PM EST

I think sometimes the SMS marketing tips go in vain as you never know the profile of your target customers. In turn you may look for something that's lucrative and promising one. Why not to focus on segmentation of your customers and offering them some promotional products so as to generate loyalty and also promote ones business.

---
    Facility Management | Asset Management Software

• 47 posts
    January 14, 2013 9:47 AM EST

SMS is a great way for a business to market themselves and gain new loyal customers.  I would suggest that your system be very flexible and allow users to do more than just text, such as send mobile coupons as well as track messages and redemptions.  And it would be good to offer a program for around $100 a month and allow a good amount of messages before the next pricing tier.

David D.

New Orleans Digital Marketing

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 14 posts
    February 19, 2013 5:28 PM EST

Now a days SMS marketing is becoming a very effective technique to do  marketing. It is a simple and powerful way to promote a business. I think with this technique email marketing is also becoming very popular as both of these techniques are highly targeted as we can get an immediate response and can measure the business growth.

• 19 posts
    February 4, 2013 4:19 PM EST

SMS marketing is one of the powerful and inexpensive Internet marketing strategies used by companies to attract customers.

• 51 posts
    January 22, 2013 11:08 PM EST

SMS marketing is marketing using a mobile phone. SMS stands for short message server, otherwise known as text messaging. It is a relatively new marketing technique that focuses on the use of text messaging to spread a marketing message..

---
    SEO Services | Web Development Services

• 1 posts
    January 8, 2013 4:15 AM EST

Hi Guys!

I’m looking into creating a piece of software to help small businesses send out special offers my text messages to their customer base.

Do any of you have experience with mass communication software? Good experiences or bad? Or is there anything that you would want from one for it to be right for your business (price, ease of use, etc)?

Thanks for the help!

• 1 posts
    January 21, 2013 4:58 AM EST

I have first hand experience of SMS marketing. It seems to work in African markets but I haven't really seen it received well in the UK.

In my opinion you can get the same level of exposure that SMS offers with a strategic social media campaign. It's less offensive and intrusive, which is the general feeling I got from people that received SMS texts from campaigns that I had run.

---
    Peter Palmer Digital Account Manager TopLine Communications

• 29 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:48 AM EST

If  talk about here in INDIA mass message have been banded by Govt. There are only limited number of sms can shoot at one time. But  no doubt its best way to reach targeted customers,

• 9 posts
    February 7, 2013 7:45 PM EST

I agree with Toplinecomms. SMS is good as the rate of exposure is really high but not many individuals would want to receive advertisements or promotion via their mobile phone so social media campaigns is much more acceptable. Unless of course it will be sent to an exclusive set of people who agreed and really want to be updated via their mobile phone. 

---
    I'm All about Helping You Learn How to Use Pinterest For Your Business! Ask me on Twitter: sheilafirthe

• 4 posts
    January 29, 2013 9:39 PM EST

WElll! SMS marketing is a popular way of internet marketing nowadays. SMS marketing provides you to reach directly to your customers. Like email marketing this technique is very effective to increase your leads. You can get contact information according to your need, from many mailing list providers. Therefore, I think you are going on the right way. Just keep it up! Sorry because I don't have much experience about that. So, I can not give you any advices at this time.

-------------------------

For Web Design Quote , please call 612.590.8080

---
    For Minneapolis Internet Marketing or Minnesota SEO Service, Please call: (612) 590-8080

• 1 posts
    February 7, 2013 4:55 PM EST

Yes that's true, mobile and sms marketing is the fastest way to send your messages directly to your customers. It as well offers great features such as mobile coupons, voting, and many other call to action methods. I started using it few months ago and stopped by ProTexting as a services provider.

Wisely using of text messaging can be very benefiting marketing channel for the businesses but can be as well great way for customers to find great deals.

• 7 posts
    • 1 posts
    March 26, 2014 8:55 AM EDT

One of the most effective traditional marketing. Best to use it for promo or discount codes it works very well.

Leading SEO Company in London

• 1 posts
    March 27, 2014 4:02 AM EDT

I second that SMS marketing can be very effective if you are giving a discount or a promotion. It's worth the effort.

Best regards

Fantastic Handyman London

• 1 posts
    June 13, 2014 1:57 AM EDT
    SMS marketing is the most effective technique of marketing your product or services. I saw many telecom networks follow this advertising technique

Web Design Company in Dubai http://www.adwebstudiodubai.com/
    This post was edited by aframalik at June 13, 2014 2:05 AM EDT
    • 2 posts
    August 23, 2014 6:01 PM EDT
    I second that SMS marketing can be very effective if you are giving a discount or a promotion. It's worth the effort.

http://www.amplecodes.com/
    This post was edited by amplecodes at August 23, 2014 6:03 PM EDT
    • 5 posts
    September 2, 2014 9:06 AM EDT
    Hey Guys! I would really appreciate it if you guys could just take a few minutes and check out GoFundMe.com/laluxury. It would really mean a lot, even if you cant donate but if you could advertise it and just hear my story. Thank you so much!

GoFundMe.com/laluxury
    • 82 posts
    October 1, 2014 3:42 AM EDT
    Maybe a mobile application? It gives some value to the customers and your target group is only people really interested in your product/service.
    • 1 posts
    October 2, 2014 10:25 AM EDT
    It doesn't really matter which MLM or any Network Marketing you are in. What's important is what you give and what value you offer to your recruits. I personnaly found that the pushy techniques did not work (and I say that because I own several businesses and tried different ways to promote them). People were most interested in what I could offer them like tips, ways on how to promote themselves and generate leads...I finally joined a network marketing team that gave me the right tools.
    http://www.networkmarketing-pls.com/