Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

49 tips for promoting your website(SE0)

• 16 posts
    March 25, 2012 10:18 PM EDT

SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines using natural search results i.e. ensuring your website appears as high up on the list as possible, when searching using relevant key words within search engines; e.g. Google, Bing and Yahoo. wonderful tips !

• 7 posts
    December 18, 2012 10:18 PM EST

Excellent Posting. I really like your Post. These tips are really helpful for me. I always use this tips for my site's improvement. 

---
    iPhone Application Development | Android Application Development | php Application Development at Agileinfoways.com

• 14 posts
    December 17, 2012 8:47 PM EST

All these tips are really very effective and beneficial for me as I am going to launch my new website and now I know how to populate it on the web. Many thanks to you.

---
    Outsource web design & development

• 120 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:17 AM EST

The points made above are very helpful. The above list should be our guideline if we are planning to create a website. The list is perfect, I believe. Following it will surely keep your site safe even if there are Google updates.

---
    Looking for the latest information on mortgage rates? Get a loan you love by visiting LoanLove.com and learn from our helpful experts.

• 5 posts
    November 28, 2012 5:17 PM EST

I did article submission and Directories submissions to get traffic for my website.

I have submitted free directories.It helped to get small amount of traffic.Also it helped to generate backlinks for my website.So you can also use these methods.

Finally i got the paid seo service from Tucktail.com this search engine visibility service promoted my site in following ways increased the traffic and page rank soon.

• Improve search engine rankings with keyword and suggested topics tool
    • Increase traffic to your website with higher rankings
    • Easy, one-click website submission to Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Ask®, and AOL®
    • Track progress with Top 10 SEO Checklist and ranking reports

• 3 posts
    April 28, 2012 1:11 AM EDT

Really fine and helpful tips.

Free Online Ads | Live Auction | Sell Products

---
    Auction | Classifieds Directory | Shop Online

• 4 posts
    March 23, 2012 3:12 PM EDT

I like making lists - and I like promoting Web sites. So it was an obvious thing to do to create a list of ways to improve and promote a Web site and online presence. Some are obvious, some are bizarre. Some are old, some are new. Many are well know techniques, some are my own personal rambling. Nothing is a statement of fact, merely my own opinion.

1. If you're launching a new site, or new content, write an introduction and submit it to share sites like Digg, Reddit and Now Public.

2. Create a Yahoo Group in the niche your site sits.

3. Create a MySpace account and use it to publisise your site.  

4. Bookmark your site on Del.icio.us and if you're really keen, add a Del.icio.us button to your homepage.

5. Create a Technorati account and "claim" your blog.

6. Submit your site to free, search engine friendly directories. An excellent list can be found here.

7. Conduct a survey. This is an excellent way to generate offline publicity.

8. Place a free ad for your company on Gumtree.

9. Syndicate your site's content by using an RSS feeds.

10. Submit your RSS feeds to agregator sites like FeedBurner, Squidoo, Feedboy, Jordomedia, FeedBomb, FeedCat, rssmad, feeddirectory and feedfury. Stolen from DigitalPoint

11. Write an article related to your site and submit it to article sites.

12. Sign up to StumbleUpon and get your friends to Stumble your site.

13. Create a custom 404 page so that even if someone encounters an error on your site, they are re-directed somewhere nice.

14. Set up a 301 redirect to take traffic from your non-www address to your www address. See here for more info.

15. Add a link to your site in the signature of any forums you post on.

16. Tell your friends about your site. It's free advertising init.

17. Speel cheek ur stie. Nothing appears more amateur than a site with typos or spelling mistakes.

18. Test your site and make sure it appears correctly in all major browsers.

19. Buy enough hosting. No one likes a slow site.

20. Don't worry about PageRank - worrying about PageRank is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.*

21. Offer something for free. Free is good. People tell their friends about free stuff.

22. Tell your neighbours, you never know what contacts they might have.23. Offer your users as many ways as possible to contact you. MSN, Skype, Yahoo etc all complement email, phone and a real address.

24. Advertise your site on Craigslist. It's free, relevant and localised.

25. Do NOT use frames. 26. Submit your site to DMOZ.org. It may take time, but it's worth it.

27. Create an XML sitemap of your site and submit it to Google.  (sitemap)

28. Get a custom t-shirt made with your website url on it, and wear it often. 29. Ask a large breasted lady to wear one too.

30. Sign up with an affiliate programme to sell your product, or if you're a publish, make some cash!

31. On your Contact Page ask people if they mind receiving your newsletter. 32. Send out a newsletter!

33. Go to a free seminar for Website owners. You might learn something.

34. Find quality and relevant blogs and leave a comment (with a link back to your site of course).

35. Don't pay people to submit your site to search engines. It's a waste of money.

36. YouTube and Google Video are excellent portals on which to launch a viral campaign.

37. Giving away an eBook is an excellent way to generate word-of-mouth about your site.

38. Sponsor a Wordpress theme or a phpListDirectory template. 39. If you sell products that are advertised on television by the manufacturer, add "As Seen on TV" to your site!

40. Avoid proprietry technologies like Java and Active X.

41. Put downloadable content on your site, but make sure it's not manufacturer specific - so mp3 rather than wma.

42. Learn about CSS. It's the new HTML.

43. Contribute to related subject areas on Wikipedia.

44. Ask bloggers and other Web site owners to review your site and/or products.

45. Have user friendly page names - most tools comes with some way to avoid http://www.yourdomain.com/pgInfoPage...

46. If you must have a Flash homepage, make sure you have a "Skip Intro" link.

47. Tell your local rag about your site. These newspapers are desparate for stories and you may well even get a pic of your ugly picture published.

48. Become a leading authority on your chosen subject.

49. Donate money to a charity and most will place a link on their site back to you.

--------------

cool gadgets

free shipping gadgets

---
    Love To Share Latest News About NewFrog

• 33 posts
    March 25, 2012 9:21 PM EDT

Awesome tips to promote your website. Thanks for sharing these informative tips.

This post was edited by admin at January 22, 2014 9:42 AM EST
    • 1 posts
    December 14, 2012 8:02 PM EST

Alll tips are good and effective. I want to add one. 

If it is possible, you can create a mini website to promote your website. Fill up mini website with your business related content. Then create some backlink, social bookmarking for it. When the PR of the minisite will increase it will boost up your website.

---
    Recipe Postcards

• 23 posts
    December 9, 2012 4:43 AM EST

Really good and Informative.thanks For these useful suggestions.

---
    animal hospital toronto , animal hospital mississauga , Veterinary Toronto , Vet Toronto , vet mississauga

• 15 posts
    December 14, 2012 5:34 AM EST

Thanks for sharing this cool and informative post. It's really helpful to me.

---
    Online Tech Support Services at Mytechbay

• 69 posts
    January 15, 2013 5:34 AM EST

Really some great tips. Really important for all.

---
    Want to learn how to make $3750/m? We will help you MAKE MONEY, we will bring you TRAFFIC. Join me! Your Seven Figure Lifestyle