Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

domain Name selection

• 4 posts
    June 6, 2012 7:25 PM EDT

Hello ,

I am building a website for an educational purpose . Using this website student can see their marks/score online.

I have selected two names

1. ScoreBean

2. MindOMeter

Can you people help me to pick one of them? can you vote which one you like.

Tt will be very helpful for me. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks

Amit

• 4 posts
    June 10, 2012 9:50 PM EDT

Thanks all for your positive reply.

@lazyamerican thanks for your reply .I checked both names are available.

@Maneet thanks maneet for your reply. you are absolutely right. I did some research and the selected both the names.

@RominaMarcelle thanks for the reply. yes both domain are available. definitely i will go with your suggestion and ask students.

• 4 posts
    June 10, 2012 9:51 PM EDT

Thanks all for your positive reply.

@lazyamerican thanks for your reply .I checked both names are available.

@Maneet thanks maneet for your reply. you are absolutely right. I did some research and the selected both the names.

@RominaMarcelle thanks for the reply. yes both domain are available. definitely i will go with your suggestion and ask students.

• 3 posts
    July 2, 2012 7:00 AM EDT

ScoreBean works for me. However, in all honesty, it doesn't really describe what your site is about. Doing so helps get more traffic.

---
    Denise Taylor http://answers.sitesell.com

• 2 posts
    September 23, 2012 9:42 PM EDT

A per the google visibility. I would suggest you to go with scorebean.

as it is more seo friendly. When a domain name is more seo friendly, you have more chances of getting high rank on google. You will gain more traffic. 

---
    web hostings $ web hosting in india $ india web hosting

• 8 posts
    June 28, 2012 9:44 AM EDT

Score Bean does have a nice ring to it over the other one. Just make sure that you can get the .com.  It's very easy to remember and spell. 

• 2 posts
    January 10, 2013 4:10 PM EST

Hi Amitdey,

I vote for  scoreBean  .Because it's easy to remember everyone.

Before you register your domain name,you must check .com availability for your domain name.You can check your domain availability by using domain whois lookup tool.Nowadays there are lot of domain whois lookup tools available for free.I found this site http://www.whoisxy.com/ through Google search.Here i got accurate results.

• 8 posts
    June 9, 2012 7:50 PM EDT

Did you make sure those are both available. I'd probably go with the first one if I had to choose.

---
    Lazy American

• 3 posts
    June 27, 2012 1:06 PM EDT

I would vote for ScoreBean.

easier to say and much easier to remember.

Best of luck to you.

Gerald

---
    Bookkeeping Services | Accounting Service | QuickBooks Hosting | Document Management | LedgersOnline.com

• 37 posts
    September 20, 2012 7:10 PM EDT

Good domain names are the names which are easily remembered. One or two word domain name will be ideal for the domain names selection. Do not take hyphens in the domain name. You can select the variations of domain name

---
    adobe photoshop training courses in sydney

• 3 posts
    June 7, 2012 3:16 AM EDT
    Hello Amitdey
    First of all It's nice to be in a conversation with you. Let me tell you that a randomly selected domain name never meets your business requirements effectively. Moreover, i would suggest you to go for a domain name, which is easy to remember for the user as it will help you in establishing a strong brand image.

I would vote for ScoreBean:)

---
    Inspired By Thoughts, Driven By Technology Maneet Puri - Lexolution IT Services

• 9 posts
    June 24, 2012 1:16 PM EDT

I can get you a domain name and blog hosting for $10/month.  I also coach businesses on how to write and build up their business for FREE.  Contact me and would be more than happy to help. 

---
    Learn, Live and Grow Your Life!
    Michael Levy
    http://blog.michaeldlevy.ws
    michael@michaeldlevy.ws
    Appointments: http://www.vcita.com/mentormike.levy
    Toll Free: (888) 829-6097 (24-hr Support)

• 6 posts
    June 30, 2012 1:25 PM EDT

I like Mindometer.

---
    Mr Davidrealestate mrdavidrealestate@gmail.com http://www.finance1online.com

• 11 posts
    June 10, 2012 12:54 AM EDT

Try to check if the .com domain is available for both names.

Then interview students - name they would consider hip and actually remember.

• 12 posts
    September 30, 2012 9:05 PM EDT

I don't care for either of them. I think you should sit down and think about your marketing strategy as a whole. Research keywords and see if you could utilize any of them in the name, as it will help tremendously with your SEO efforts. Maybe you come up with a great tagline, and part of that makes for a good domain name. I wouldn't buy either of those names.

• 5 posts
    June 20, 2012 9:45 PM EDT

Ugh, both names are pretty weak. I don't like the "o" in MindOMeter at all. I do own a site with an "o" (tagomatic)" but it flows in the name. Not sure mindometer flows when you say it. ScoreBean, still pretty weak. Just not a great name. Maybe start a naming contest where you can really get some creative people coming up with names. Try Naming Force.

---
    business name contests - Naming Force

• 50 posts
    June 21, 2012 4:42 AM EDT

I will vote ScoreBean, I do not like the "O" too.

---
    silicone bracelets | silicone wristbands | rubber bracelets | lapel pins | wristbands

• 10 posts
    October 14, 2012 10:57 PM EDT

There are some Simple tips to be remembered while choosing the right and suitable good domain name.

Such as, domain name should be memorable, simple, should not be very long and tough to pronounce..

These are the some basic things need to be remembered.

As of new Google's Algorithm, Exact Match domain names for keywords, That is Keyword Related Domain name is considered as SPAM. 

So Be careful about it and make sure to Choose the BRAND Names ie. Contains Single Word that may be your company name etc. 

---
    HostingRaja - A Leading Web Hosting Company in India
    Hosting, Hosting a Website, Make any Site