Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

Commercial Libility Insurance for Educators

• 44 posts
    December 27, 2006 1:11 PM EST
    I was insured with Burlington Insurance for my commercial liability in my concierge business. 
    • 3 posts
    December 27, 2006 12:01 PM EST
    Would you be willing to share the links that were sent to you for
    classroom teacher liability insurance coverage?   Believe it or not, it would
    fit more for us being a start-up music teaching studio.

Here`s hoping.

Jaybee
    • 4 posts
    September 10, 2006 5:53 PM EDT
    I am being informed by my auto/home insurance agent that their company does not cover educators for commercial liability. Not sure why, but she then sent me links on insurance for teachers- I mean classroom teacher teachers. Does anyone out there know if that is the direction I should head, or am I just dealing with a silly company?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Kerstin
    GPImprov2006-9-10 22:53:47
    • 4 posts
    September 11, 2006 3:26 PM EDT
    Would anyone have any recommendations as to what Insurance company they would recommend for commercial liability?

Thanks,
    Kerstin
    • 344 posts
    September 10, 2006 6:22 PM EDT

Kerstin,

I don`t see you as an educator per se - you are a consultant - an Improv Consultant. I do understand your agents concern with all that goes on in our government schools and educators and such and wanting to protect the individual teacher and such .... but really - you are a small business person and I believe from an earlier post, you recently did an Sub-S incorporation. By doing your Sub-S you are already protecting your personal assets.

Find another insurance agent - IMHO.

R@

---
    Richard Arnold · Key Concept Writers · Business Communication: The "Key" To Success· Law of Attraction Blog · Life Ain`t Brain Surgery Blog