Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Creative, Catchy Business Name

• 64 posts
    October 8, 2012 7:07 AM EDT

The best name you can come up with is one that your customers would like and remember - I am not a customer nor have been a customer of this type of business thus I could not provide you a name.  However, I can give you some ideas.

Why not Ronnie & (your name)'s Wood Lettering & Design.  Nothing better then telling your customers or potential customers what you actually do through your business name.  John's used cars is better than PHA Industries - you know what john does but could not even guess what PHA does.

Or, get out in your community (I assume this is a locally based business) and talk to other people about your business then ask them what they think you should call it - they are your target market - they would provide the best insight.

Or, take a $100 or so and run an ad in your local paper asking for input on your business name.  Desribe the business and ask people to send you name ideas via email, your facebook page or set up a simple website that collects that information.  You could even offer the winner a free letter design or something.  Not only will this help you with a name that your customers will remember - but it will also easily help you promote your business in your community.

---
    Business Money Today
    Small Business Loans & Start Up Loans

• 1 posts
    October 6, 2012 11:17 AM EDT

Hi All,

I am starting a home based creative wood letter cutting and design business. Customers will be able to choose wood letters in different fonts, colors and sizes. We will also offer other wood monogrammed gifts such as chalkboards, office name plates, 3-D puzzles etc. The business will consist of mainly my husband Ronnie and I. We are just starting and will like to have a great name that people will remember. I would apprepriate any assistance you can provide with our business name. Thanks in advance!!!

• 83 posts
    May 23, 2014 6:49 AM EDT
    I'm not sure if what BMT2010 suggests is not too long.
    • 11 posts
    June 5, 2014 5:51 PM EDT
    We may able to help. http://reillycorporation.com/Art_Clean_Up/