Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Here`s the big question...

• 25 posts
    November 28, 2007 1:23 PM EST
    I dropped by a local pet boutique today and chatted with the owner.  This resulted in me showing her some of my samples that I just `happened` to have in my car. (How I just happen to have 8 pet beds in my car is beyond me) ANYHOW she purchased 3 and ordered 4 more of a larger size. 

So here`s the question.  This store is pretty much the only one of its type around here.  I`m sure theres more stores in near by towns but do I cart around 20 pet beds and go door to door?  

Also... anyone have any grand ideas of other types of stores that would be interested in carrying my beds?

by the way, I make dog beds out of "designer" fabrics. really popular, but not enough retailers.

• 25 posts
    November 28, 2007 4:36 PM EST
    :-D
    abrumms11/28/2007 10:55 PM
    • 25 posts
    November 29, 2007 5:31 AM EST
    I`ve already gone with the name "ChewieDog"... not too cute or clever I don`t think... what do you think?

• December 1, 2007 11:24 AM EST
    Throw them in your car and take off. You will make tons of contacts and if you don`t sell any to the stores right away, at least you made the contact and they will remember you. Pass out business cards or flyers with your information and your bed information.

You have nothing to lose by doing this.

Also put ads in your local newspapers, etc....Flyers up at community centers promoting your beds, etc....

Good Luck

---
    The ConsumerTreehouse.com Team
    www.consumertreehouse.com