Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

reliable web host ?

• 57 posts
    November 8, 2011 8:44 AM EST

I've used Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com) for a long time (since 1997 off and on, and since 2002 non stop).

I've tried a bunch of others.  They seem to offer the best value for money.  They also offer an easy upgrade to private servers if you need more power - but they manage it all for you so it makes it easy.

They've got great support too.

We put some of our clients on Dreamhost.  Actually, right now, our sales site is there.  Though we are migrating to Amazon (but you'll need to know some server administration stuff if you want to go there).

Stay away from 1&1 - they wouldn't cancel an account and continued charging my credit card after I was done with them.  It took a phone call to Germany (their parent company) to get it dealt with.  It took months and was a huge hassle!

---
    A spin-off from my company, now undergoing funding. A real-time, live-event polling program. Engage your audience at your next conference, seminar, talk or retreat! http://www.indiegogo.com/ballotboxes

• 32 posts
    November 8, 2011 3:35 AM EST

I am looking for a reliable web host for my freelance graphic design web. Anyone have one in mind that the use and know they are reliable ?

Tony

Affordable Freelance Graphic Designer

http://www.wix.com/graphicdesignerrocks/freelancegraphicdesign

• 29 posts
    November 16, 2011 6:31 PM EST

hi are you looking for reliable hosting service then you can visit here thewebpole here they provide free hosting service for each paid domain that we buy from them .
    they also render paid hosting service.i hosted large amount of my domains here , i choose ultimate plan hosting
    for hosting my sites for which they provide me the following offers they are

ultimate plan
    Unlimited Space+ & Bandwidth!
    1000 Email Accounts2
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    here we can Enhance our site with today's hottest hosting applications and utilities.
    they also provide the following offers with each plan
     24/7 FTP access
    # Fast Asia Pacific-based servers
    # Daily Backups
    # Best-of-Breed Routers and Servers
    # Web site statistics
    # FREE Email Addresses
    # Google® Webmaster Tools
    # Free Rs. 4,950 Google® AdWords® credit
    # Free Up to Rs. 4,950 Bing™ / Yahoo!® Search Credits
    # Free Rs. 2,475 Facebook® Ad Credits
    # Fotolia® Photo Credits