Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

Principles of Effective Teamwork

• 3 posts
    June 23, 2013 8:34 PM EDT

All i can say that in a business team they should really have all those principles.In Finland i seen a lot of team work in a business which they are really doing it well.In part of Helsinki i seen a team that professionalizing on managing risk at http://www.safehouse.fi/ which i am amaze for always managing the risk that i can't even do even i use to be an entreprenuer.

• 40 posts
    January 17, 2012 6:52 PM EST

In a team oriented environment, you contribute to the overall success of the organization. Here are a few things that are necessary for successful team building.

1.       Clear expectations

2.       Context

3.       Commitment

Business for Sale in South Africa

• 8 posts
    June 14, 2013 8:57 AM EDT

We do what we call a huddle at work. It's really helped out team grow together. 

It's a meeting we hold twice a day for just 10 minutes. 

Check out our process here: http://ignitespot.com/how-to-huddle-like-vince-lombardi-and-create-explosive-business-growth/

---
    Eddy Hood | http://ignitespot.com/blog | Twitter @ignitespot

• 26 posts
    February 10, 2013 2:06 AM EST

Working as a team can benefit you as an individual as a team as well as an organization. It also increases speed of work. With many people working for the same project with lots of devotion, the overall quality of work as well as speed increases.

• 26 posts
    June 8, 2013 5:37 AM EDT

Great tips! Good team players are active participants. They come prepared for team meetings and listen and speak up in discussions. They're fully engaged in the work of the team and do not sit passively on the sidelines. Their discussions and suggestions are very important for the welfare of the business.

• 5 posts
    January 3, 2012 1:57 PM EST

Thanks for sharing these useful tips Kacie. I believe that in order to implement an effective teamwork at a workplace, it starts with the team leader.

• 1 posts
    June 4, 2013 1:37 AM EDT

Hello! 

Thanks for your post as you have showed precise reasons why work in team is more efficient. I also considered teamwork and i have found that there is a row of difficulties that can appear during tean functioning. I have published similar atricle and hope it will be interesting for readers:

https://iwantessay.com/blog/help-for-effective-work-in-team/

• 39 posts
    December 30, 2011 8:08 AM EST
    Teamwork is an important factor that determines the success of any entity. So much has been written about teamwork that sometimes individuals know the theory of teamwork but fail to put it into practice. If you have been associated with the task of recruiting candidates for your organization, you would have seen applicants enlisting 'an ability to work in a team' or 'teamwork' as one of their attributes in their resume. But, the fact is that teamwork as a quality has been used so languidly over the years that in some cases, it has ceased to be what it stands for and has rather become a cliche. So, it is important to remember for everyone that rattling off the theory of teamwork would do no good unless and until it is put into practice. We will give you a primer on the principles that lay the foundation of building a strong team with the hope that you will try to inculcate these principles to achieve the desired results.

Teamwork Principles
    • One of the first principles of an effective teamwork is that while a team is formed, there should be a clarity as to what the team wants to achieve. It is important that you view the team as an entity and have clearly articulated goals in place. In the absence of an objective, the team members may not be able to understand their responsibilities, which can cause ambiguity.
    • The team members should be willing to learn from each other. There may be some members who may be excellent with the process, while some may require some time and guidance, so it is essential that there is a willingness to teach and learn new ideas. Team members should not be hesitant in seeking help from the senior members of the team and the senior members, should in turn step forward to help the new members.
    • There should be a two-way communication among team members about the roles that they are assigned, so that there is an understanding and appreciation of the effort put in by everyone. This is very essential as it has seen that a lot of times when things do not work as planned, members engage in a blame-game. If members are aware about the challenges involved in carrying out a task, they are more likely to appreciate each other for their efforts.
    • While some control over a team is necessary, it is important that the team is given a certain amount of flexibility in carrying out their tasks. Too much of interference can affect the efficiency of a team and dampen the morale of the members.
    • One of the most important principles of effective teamwork is effective communication. Communicating effectively means that information is shared among all the members of the team so that rumor-mongers are kept at bay. Involving all your team members in a discussion on effective business strategy helps in making the team members feel a valuable part of the organization. Effective communication also calls for discussing matters of importance openly so that everybody is on the same page.
    • There should be an initiative to reward and recognize team and its members who have performed exemplary and helped the team in achieving its targets. This will encourage others to follow suit and act as a boost to people who genuinely believe in the values of teamwork and team-spirit.
    • Last but not the least, there should be a healthy competition among team members to outperform each other. In the absence of a competition, the job may cease to become interesting and monotony can creep in, which again can be detrimental to a team. So, it is important that the team members are provided with enough opportunities to grow in their professional lives.
    These were some of the principles of effective teamwork. There are no hard-and-fast rules as far as the principles of effective teamwork are concerned, but the points mentioned can definitely prove to be effective when practiced sincerely. We leave you with this quote from Henry Ford - one of the legends of automobile industry, "If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."

---
    Account Manager

• 16 posts
    February 7, 2013 11:24 PM EST

Most would agree with the fact that motivation plays a very important role for profits and continuous growth of an organization. Knowing how to motivate your employees is an important skill to have as a successful business owner.

---
    Motivational Keynote Speaker

• 110 posts
    January 27, 2012 5:24 PM EST

Hi Kacie,

Great post on teamwork and teamwork is one of the most important business concepts successful companies can develop.  I think a major principle of teamwork that should be added to the list is TRUST.  You have to trust that your team always has the greater good at heart.  Once a team realizes members can not be trusted then the makeup and power of the team beings to erode.  Its like the famous team building exercise where you fall backwards and trust the person behind you to catch you.  This is one of the biggest parts of teamwork.  Once you have faith / trust in your team almost anything is possible.

• 5 posts
    June 18, 2013 11:17 PM EDT

Effective teamwork always occur when you are honest with your team and business. keep calm and trust on your team. You also need to motivate the team time 2 time.

---
    Thanks & Regards Oxygen Plants India

• 3 posts
    August 1, 2012 7:39 AM EDT

Thank you Kacie. I would just like to add the concept of EMPATHY to this topic. Empathy promotes altruistic behaviors like sense of duty, loyalty and care for the common good. And I believe it will be a lot easier to work with others or to build a great, solid team if we know, understand and practice this concept.

- secretstaff.com

• 59 posts
    November 29, 2012 9:08 PM EST

Teamwork is solely based on a person's attitude and how calmly he/she manage their personal and professional lives. So it would be best for all to consider each aspect stated here for better understanding between teammates and steady growth in the profession.

---
    Mobile Yard Ramps | Portable Yard Ramps

• 13 posts
    October 8, 2012 6:39 AM EDT

“Businesses should be built around customer experience. But it’s easy to forget its importance as you build your brand’s web presence,”  was said by a blogger. Teamwork is also very important in creating a customer experience. The goal is a satisfied customer and this is achieved through a willingness to work as one,  support each other and value one another. This is a fact, one which must be remembered at all times. What makes you go back and purchase products or go to your favorite hotel? It's the experience that motivates you. The three benefits of customer services goes a long way with its positive effects. The three keys which I find is of utmost importance are the following: (1)Earned media through praise-worthy testimonials (2) Customer retention since in the world of business, customers are royalty (3) Referral business. This is very helpful even in the wireless marketplace where business transactions are boundless. So work as one team with one goal!

---

• 39 posts
    October 2, 2012 2:31 AM EDT

This is true team work is the only thing which can our business in an effective manner as well increase work ability of people in our country.

---
    Design custom koozies to fit your needs