Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

Software Development Business

• 2 posts
    February 10, 2013 2:50 PM EST

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone could provide me with some guidance (books, blogs, etc) geared towards starting a software development business. I am thinking of starting a company that provides cloud based software solutions based on a popular CMS/MVC framework to small/medium sized organizations. My career of 11 years has been mostly composed of the following: managing projects, analyzing requirements, mapping/improving processes, configuration/maintenance, support and some light programming. Looking forward to your support.

Thanks,

Juan

• 12 posts
    February 19, 2013 11:38 AM EST

Hi Juan,

Good Luck on your journey.  Working for yourself is hard work but one of the most rewarding ventures you will undertake.

There are basic tenants of building a business that cross all industries.

Take a look at E-Myth by Michael Gerber.  It really makes you think about running a business.

And check out Christopher S. Penn’s blog series, White Belt Marketing. http://www.christopherspenn.com/2011/03/marketing-white-belt-the-4-ps-of-marketing/

I found it to be very simple and it really gets you thinking about what you have to do to start a business.

Regards,

Dave M.

Walsh/wexford

---
    Dave M.