Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

How to contact sales Rep or Distributors for electronics items?

• 105 posts
    December 4, 2006 3:11 AM EST
    Josephthomas,

Are you sure you are targeting the right market for your product?  People in electronics understand electronics. (I sold electronics for 16 years.) If I understand your business enough you are using electronics to provide marketing. I would suggest you find a few partners who sell advertising and other forms of media and work with those firms. They may be able to provide you with some feedback.

John

---
    <A HREF="http://www.AuditAuctions.com">Get ISO Certified</A>

• 12 posts
    November 18, 2006 4:14 AM EST

Hi

Our company developed a product (The demo version is over: in 3 months we will be launching the product) called DIGITAL SIGNAGE SYSTEM for one of our clients in Canada. Digital signage is one of the latest technology which allows one to present, constantly changing motion video, photo-realistic graphics, scrolling text, and animation etc on a screen (Plasma, LCD monitors etc).

The client who has asked us to develop this had done the market study and this being a niche technology is found to have lot of scope in it.  We are trying to market the product in other countries as we understood this to have lot of selling possibilities like in shopping malls, retail stores and other places.

As we are a technology based company, we are not very much exposed to marketing and selling of the product. Can you suggest us ways to find sales rep and distributors in this field. What is the best way to get into this electronics market? Should I need to approach the clients directly or need to develop a distribution channel?

2 or 3 sales can help us get to the top..! Your advices are valuable..! If any body got a similar distribution channel and wish to market this please let me know .I would be happy to contact you.

Thanks

Joseph Thomas

Josephthomas2006-11-20 15:26:43
    • 29 posts
    • 2 posts
    March 25, 2009 12:50 PM EDT
    Check out putting up a display at high traffic trade fairs. Also job fairs are a great way to find sales reps. I am in sales and it seems that is one profession that you only get ahead if you move around.
    I would think someone that currently sells outdoor or indoor advertising would be a good parallel for you.
    There are also some great online job sites that you could try.

---
    Julie Knutson,
    Sales Consultant, Trainer and Motivator

• 31 posts
    November 19, 2006 3:55 PM EST
    Are you looking for professional distribution people (agencies), or something akin to an affiliate network? I know of a few people that may be able to help you get into a number of markets, depending on how you are planning on marketing your technology. Contact me with some more information (press release, product information sheet, etc), and I`ll see what I can do.

---
    To revitalize your current business, or find the funds for your dream venture, visit www.TopItOffpromotions.com

For consultation and free advice, visit www.RICServices.com

• 1 posts
    April 29, 2009 10:00 AM EDT
    If you choose to hire sales reps, whatever you do, do not use the traditional technique used.  You know... post a job on one of the big career sites, collect and sort through hundreds of resumes, set up interviews and hire the person who `seems` the best.   I recommend using a recruiter that has an excellent success history, or use a sales candidate assessments test.  I have one that I`ve used that works awesome if you want some information.

Good luck!

---
    Scott Smeester

Twitter: scottsmeester
    Email: scott@smeester.com
    Blog: http://scott.smeester.com

Business Development 2.0
    › Establish key partner/customer relationships
    › Sales process development
    › Remedy ailing and/or deploy sales teams
    › Investment acquisition
    › Expand and protect digital real-estate