Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Elevator Pitches

Solar LED Technology - Architectural & Landscape Lighting

• 11 posts
    November 1, 2007 1:06 PM EDT
    Hey Everyone,

We aren`t looking for funding, but I wanted to hear the community`s thoughts on our Solar LED line of products. We`re really trying to educate consumers and greenbuilders about the advances in solar technology and hopefully rid solar lighting of the stigma of well...being solar lighting.

*key features
    - self contained (no excess wiring)
    - solar panel removed from view for aesthetics
    - no battery, uses supercapacitor technology
    - made in Japan
    - 10 year manufacturer`s warranty with 25+ year expected lifetime

The units simply charge during the day and illuminate at dusk via a photosensor.

Our latest feature was in treehugger which single handedly increased traffic dramatically!

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/10/couple_of_years.php

Actual site is www.solarcynergy.com

Would love to hear your thoughts and I can send you a few youtube reviews if interested as well.

Thanks in advance!

---
    Green Minded Eco-preneur

www.solarcynergy.com | www.solarblvd.com

"an idea without action is a lost opportunity"

• 11 posts
    November 3, 2007 9:29 PM EDT
    Thx guys for the reply.

We`ve decided to go through the manufacturer`s rep route first as we`re hoping to be specified in large architectural projects. However, our line is carried by a few high end etailers.

There is a lot of technology within each unit and thus, the retail price point is higher than your traditional light (thus shocking a good majority of customers). However, we hope that as we educate the public and specify a few largescale projects, retail clients will see our solar LEDs as actually quite a good deal.

As an example, Ylighting.com carries a 6pack of the rsc100 line in the $800  range. We do also offer incentives to interested parties who are willing to share project images (before and after or lighting is added) for promotional use.

I guess in a nutshell, mass online retail and big box retailers will come into play a bit later down the line.

---
    Green Minded Eco-preneur

www.solarcynergy.com | www.solarblvd.com

"an idea without action is a lost opportunity"

• 79 posts
    November 1, 2007 5:30 PM EDT

I would use it...but it seems to be awfully difficult to find the price. You don`t sell it on your site, and I don`t want to dig through the distributor`s site.

Since it is self-contained with no wiring, why not sell it online?

• June 6, 2008 9:38 AM EDT
    I am using a product very similar to this right now. I love them. This is the direction we should go. GO SOLAR!

---
    Rob Adams
    CEO Space Northeast Regional Director
    www.ceospace.net
    www.ceospace.biz
    www.ceospacenortheast.com
    302-698-1709

• 6 posts
    February 14, 2012 7:41 PM EST

Advantage of led lighting

After 2005, LED lighting is more and more popular. You can find it around your life. Why is it so popular? What is advantages of LED lighting?

1. Energy Saving
    Now efficiency of LED can be over 100lm/w in the market. In the lab, efficiency of LED is over 200lm/w. It's over 10 times higher than efficiency of incandescent bulbs, which is also 2 times higher than efficiency of CFL bulbs.

It means, if you replace incandescent or halogen bulbs by LED, you save over 85% electricity cost. If you replace CFL bulbs by LED, you save over 50% electricity cost. Please find a cost calculation below.

LED vs. CFL vs. Incandescent Bulbs

2. Long Lifespan.
    With LED solid state construction comes durability and exceptionally long life. For example, a properly operated red or yellow LED can maintain up to 50% of its initial brightness after 100,000 hours. The classic LED - a radial design with its characteristic wire leads - set the standard for miniature light sources. However, new surface mount technologies (SMT) have eliminated external wiring, allowing even smaller LEDs to be mounted directly to printed circuit boards, and resulting in more durable modular systems. System durability is critical for taking advantage of LEDs' long service life, and becomes important in demanding applications like traffic and automotive signal , or situations where lamp replacement costs are high.

Usually, lifespan of LED for lighting is over 50,000 hours.

3. Eco-friendly
    Everyone hate harmful products. CFL contains mercury. So, it bring some environmental problems.

LED is eco-friendly. LED lighting does not contains leads, mercury, argon, xenon or krypton gases.

4. Design Flexibility. 
    Because LED is very small, it's very help for the design of lighting. It's easy to populated onto printed circuit boards

5. No starting delay 
    6. Can be easily dimming
    7. Silent operation 
    8. Low-voltage power supply (increased safety)
    9. Cool light: In contrast to most light sources, LEDs radiate very little heat in the form of IR that can cause damage to sensitive objects or fabrics. Wasted energy is dispersed as heat through the base of the LED. 
    10. Shock resistance: LEDs, being solid state components, are difficult to damage with external shock, unlike fluorescent and incandescent bulbs which are fragile.

---
    I am a interior lighting designer from Lighting EVER ,who offer high quality led light bulbs

• 51 posts
    April 4, 2013 9:50 PM EDT

Residential and commercial landscaping designers. Custom designs that enhance any home or business. Serving southeast Michigan