Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Advice, Smarts and Warnings

Just overheard a story

• 97 posts
    December 4, 2006 6:06 PM EST
    Wow! If that particular case that John described is true, that`s really low.
    Thanks for the warning. I`ll have to remember that.

Aleem

---
    Get Your Name in ".com" at the International Internet Authority

• 105 posts
    December 4, 2006 8:04 AM EST
    I was at my sons wrestling tourniment this weekend when I overheard a story. It seems that a company developed a software product that cought the eyes of Microsoft. It seems Microsoft was interested enough to aproach the company about license agreement. They ended up selling their company to Microsoft for a revenue share where the guys that developed the product would receive a 60% share of revenue for a period of time. After the deal was done Microsoft ended up giving away the product  for free which generated no revenue. Since I heard this second hand I do not know if it is true, but the story sure offers a valuable lesson.

John

---
    <A HREF="http://www.AuditAuctions.com">Get ISO Certified</A>

• 156 posts
    December 4, 2006 8:44 AM EST
    That`s one of the bad things about business in general and Microsoft in particular: no ethics.  The seller should have specified a guaranteed minimum else the deal is reversed etc...Good licensing attorney would have been helpful in this case.

---
    Go Green and put more money onto your bottom line with award-winning LED-based light bulbs PearlLED. If you manage a good sized store/business and want to boost the bottom line, call us!