Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Seafood Restaurant in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica

• 64 posts
    May 28, 2012 11:31 AM EDT

Very hard to get an investor in the U.S. to invest in a foreign country.  Your best bet will be to find local investors.  Get out in the city that you want to open the business and network with other business owners - I am sure that they will also realize that your restaurant in needed and will invest.  Very hard for an investor in the U.S. to invest in an concept they can vet or that will take more than the initial investment to vet.  Look locally.

---
    Business Money Today
    Small Business Loans & Start Up Loans

• 1 posts
    May 28, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

Greetings all. I am new to the group and I want to thank you in advance for your time, which I am sure is very limited. SO, I’ll get straight to it… 

I am an accomplished entrepreneur and marketing professional with a very successful and verifiable international business background; I have a simple and elegant idea.

I have made Costa Rica my home for the better part of the last 7 years and there is one thing that beautiful country is missing; a restaurant with a commitment to excellence in quality and a North American style service ethic. In my business, plan, I focus on both if these key elements which make opening a high-end seafood restaurant in the bustling tourist town of Jaco a mere matter of execution. I can apply my 8 years of restaurant management experience in NYC.

I am looking for a $65,000.00 angel investment. With this money, and $15K of my own – (I have invested $30K in trips and legal to this point) we can open this concept in a “turn-key” location that I have already vetted. I have an international staff (chef and GM) waiting in the wings – we can be open in less than 60 days – in time for the 2013 high season.

My numbers prove that a $65K investment, which buys equal partnership in the business, will consistently return $50K per annum for the investor. I intend to be the year-round, hands on operator and leverage my relationships and marketing skills to make the business a success.

I have attached my resume and the executive summary for the restaurant which I call “SALT”.

Can any one on the forum help – or maybe pass it along to someone who knows or is interested in Costa Rica?

Thanks again for your time. I can forward my package upon request.

John

SALT- Jaco Beach, Costa Rica

john@exclusivecr.com

(713) 586-9409 : US Number