Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

MY FIRST WEBSITE

• 1 posts
    March 8, 2007 3:50 AM EST
    We offer excellent website for small- and medium-sized businesses.  Please check out our website at http://www.shotgunflat.com and our portfolio http://shotgunflat.com/portfolio.htm.

---
    Ruston Eastman Acct. Executive shotgunflat creative agency shotgunflat.com

• 335 posts
    April 7, 2006 8:45 AM EDT

calvin-

thanks for being part of our exciting GROWING community. regarding your question about the order in which to do things, we`ve tried to set up a holistic, step-by-step approach to starting up. our 10 Steps to Open for Business would argue that you definitely put your business structure together before going live with your website. even if you want to stay as a sole proprietor, just make sure you`ve covered your bases and really thought this through. there are all sorts of tax and liability-related matters as well as future financing- and personnel-related matters that come into play.

---
    Rich Sloan , Co-Founder, Chief Startupologist, StartupNation

• 34 posts
    November 30, 2011 11:41 PM EST

nothing would be best if you design your site by yourself. to design your site you dont require any language skills or programming skills. now a days there are many web designer tools available online. you can download any one of the application and design your website. or you can go for desinging your website through templates. those online application sites also provide templates to create a site. i suggest TheWebPole.com they also support many web designing application

• 11 posts
    April 1, 2006 10:12 AM EST
    Hi Jo,

I can help you get started. Have you chosen a domain name yet? A web hosting provider? Do you know what your expectations of your website are yet? I can get you set up with the basics. If you want to go over specifics, you can contact me via the "My Messages" tab at the top of the page.

BTW, what book did you get? If it turns out to be useful to you, others may want to get a copy of it too.

Scott
    • 434 posts
    April 5, 2006 12:54 PM EDT
    Karen, I would also like to see the form, if you don`t mind.  I do my own website (OK, go look at it and tell me that it sucks), and maybe your form could push me into having someone else manage the site for me.  It would at least give me things to think about when I do get the time to fix my site.

To others looking for a site host - I have been using GoDaddy for more than five years and I couldn`t be happier with a provider.  I have four websites there and more than 50 domain names registered.  Their support disclaimer says 24-hours, but my email queries get a response in minutes.

---
    Steve Mann
    Internet Videographer
    MannMade Digital Video
    My Email

• 6 posts
    April 5, 2006 9:44 AM EDT
    Anyone who wants a professionally built website for $20 a month and no contracts please email me tiffhannah@yahoo.com. I will also update it weekly for you.

---
    Tiffany Hannah tiffhannah@hotmail.com www.iboplus.com 1-866-404-2510

• 40 posts
    April 1, 2006 10:57 AM EST
    Hi Jo,

For a new online business like yours I would recommend that you take a look at Yahoo Merchant Solutions. Yahoo offers three different soultions for an online merchant. In your case I would recommend that you take a look at the Starter Solution. All the steps are clearly explained along with guides and tutorials. If you have any other questions please ask as I am very familiar with Yahoo`s Merchant Solutions. One thing I should mention; I someone suggests to create a website for you make sure that you have full control of webdesign, order processing, inventory management, and marketing. Often what happens to individuals who let one person get involved in the entire aspect is that they tend to bring their own people into the mix. And for example you want make a small change within the website, then the entire group of people is suddenly involved and they charge a small amount for their involvement simpkly because they have ties to the webdesigner of the person who`s doing the marketing.

---
    Skype Me!!! @ tomaszpw
    Rate Me.

• 40 posts
    April 5, 2006 11:03 AM EDT
    Hi,

So if you have not signed anything yet with StartLogic then maybe you should wait. If they are simply not making things easier for you by explaining what you will receive in the package then clearly I would reconsider dealing with them.  Website design and hosting of the site don not have to be combined into one package by one company. GoDaddy has a package for a whole year @ around $80. This inludes all hosting needs along with many tools that will allow you to if you were to hire someone to do your site to create customized site tailored to your needs. If you need to IM me I am online.

---
    Skype Me!!! @ tomaszpw
    Rate Me.

• 2 posts
    December 1, 2011 3:32 AM EST

I will recommend you to start with cms like wordpress. Wordpress is one powerful cms software that can help you build your own site and working with wordpress is also very fun.

---
    search engine optimization Toronto

• 50 posts
    August 25, 2011 12:20 AM EDT

You need to find a guy or a company design the website for you.

---
    silicone bracelets | silicone wristbands | rubber bracelets | lapel pins | wristbands