Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

Managing Your (People) Resources

• 3 posts
    February 13, 2012 10:27 AM EST

Hi all!

I just found StartupNation and like it a lot. It's a great community for business people and I like the small-business guides.

Incidentally, I found this website while trying to promote a web-based tool my company has built, named "Contact Squid". Essentially, it is a resource/contact management tool, which allows you to add people you know to the system and keep important notes and other information about them.

We built this because we have a lot of contacts that we need to stay in touch with, and like to send them referrals when we can. The user's number of contacts refers to the amount of people who that have added them on the site, and thus the more contacts a person has the more professional they are likely to be. Since the amount of people the contact in question has no effect on how many people link back to them, the system cannot be 'gamed' to give them a higher ranking without them legitimately deserving it.

Best part about this is that it's 100% free.

The website is located at http://www.contactsquid.com . I'd love to hear your thoughts, if you think you could find this tool useful, and if not, why?

JM