Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Developing Your Invention

Invention of a Burrito Food Truck Business

• 4 posts
    June 25, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

One balmy summer evening a few years ago, I was making burritos for a family party. Everyone always asked me to make my specialty, and I usually made a few extras for the neighbors. As I was rolling up the final tortilla, I thought to myself “This is what I want to do forever.” I knew then that I wanted to spend my life delivering great food and service to people. I decided that night to leave my quick mart and start a food truck specializing in burritos and other homemade Mexican foods. As far as I know, mine is the only burrito food truck in my area. I really had to start from scratch with little knowledge of the business. I started by researching the legal aspects of running a food truck, then planning the menu, found financing and invested in equipment and fresh ingredients. I started advertising in local papers and through social media, signed up with PayMeSecure to offer fast and secure credit card processing, hired a few friends and sold my first burrito soon after. Now that you know a bit about my journey, I want to hear about yours. How did you invent your own business?