Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Need assistance from an experienced marketer

• 1 posts
    March 20, 2013 11:31 AM EDT

I have a very broad question/request that I am not sure if I will get the answer to but it is worth a try.  

I am enrolled full-time in college and I work full-time.  My entrepreneurial spirit is really eating at me.  I will graduate in a year and a half with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems.  I am highly interested in starting a web consulting and social media marketing business.  This business will be aimed toward helping startups with all of their web based startup needs like web development and services to advertising and media marketing.

Where I lack knowledge is in the marketing department.  I have viewed a lot of marketing websites and they all offer up the same bit of information. 

My question is about the process used to market on social networks.  What are some successful techniques used by marketers to promote businesses?  Do I need to build a community around my business to promote my client’s businesses? 

I know about the tools used like Tweetdeck and HootSuite.  I am unable to wrap my fingers around how media marketers are successful at getting people to follow, friend, and like a business.  Maybe I am overthinking it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 6 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:40 PM EDT

I advise you that social media marketing is very effective for promoting our business. Moreover, now billions of people are using social networking site so you can get popularity for your business there. So, I must tell you that you should use social media marketing.

---
    Mobile SMS Advertising

• 2 posts
    March 29, 2013 4:34 AM EDT

Hi there,

My advise to you is do research and a lot of it. Besides the most important thing when you're starting a business is to know the WHY - What's your purpose, what's your belief? Then you want to identify WHO your target audience is and what differentiates your business from others. The more you dig down into the evaluation of your IDEAL Client the less competition you will encounter. You will need to state WHY you're unique in what you do. You need to create an Offer and engage others by giving them free tips and advise. You will find that the more you give, the more you'll receive in return.

I wish you the best of luck in your venture and don't let yourself be distracted from your objective. There will be times that you want to just give up and stop but I urge you to be determined and focus on your goals and you will for sure have success in your business life.

All the best.

Sofia