Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Funding changed with economy?

• 14 posts
    December 15, 2008 8:21 AM EST
    I have read that venture funding may be harder to come by with the economy the way it is right now. Does anyone have any information into this subject? I am not talking about smaller funding but funding of 250k and higher.

Anyone get funding recently that can prove otherwise?

---
    Easy to use Copiers and Printers | contact manager

• 5 posts
    May 16, 2013 10:37 PM EDT

Funding has shifted to technology startups in a massive way over the last 5 years. So if you are a non technology startup,your business must really be feasible to even get a meeting with a venture capitalist,let alone getting a funding.

Best IT Solutions in South Africa

---
    IT Companies in South Africa

• 927 posts
    December 17, 2008 9:03 AM EST
    I have read that venture funding may be harder to come by with the economy the way it is right now. Does anyone have any information into this subject? I am not talking about smaller funding but funding of 250k and higher.

Anyone get funding recently that can prove otherwise?

jcwilde,

Having been through several cycles (no one quite like the other) what I will say is that good opportunities can acquire capital. As Mark indicated, the due diligence may be more "in depth" and may take longer.

There is a lot of cash "out there" right now. One possible plus is that there may be less "noise" competing for the attention of capital sources.

So as always - if one has a solid situation, presents it well to the right people - I believe they can successfully acquire the capital.
    robertj12/17/2008 3:04 PM

---
    Business Growth Masters, LLC -
    Capital Catalysts for Entrepreneurs
    Home of the Scalable Business Plan and QuikStart Capital Programs
    http://www.bizgrowthmasters.com
    info@bizgrowthmasters.com