Hey guys, I just joined the forum. My name is Arturo I'm 21, I live in LA, California. I'm planning to launch a
website to offer videography, photography and graphic design services. And I've been reading a lot on the
subject, already found someone to help me build the website and already selected a theme from
My question is, to someone that is just starting out (me), what would be the main things to keep in mind when
creating an online business, what would be the first things to give priority to?. Thanks!
1. Have a business plan. To help you stay focused on your goals and organized.
2. Since its an online business - you need to buy hosting services and domain.
3. You have already a theme forest which i assume will be used for your website which will be in WordPress. Your designer will have to create a logo and business card aside from the website itself.
4. You will need to have content for your website. Are you gonna be handling this part or hiring a content editor to do it?
5. You will need to set aside time and budget for marketing/promoting your services. You can make use of all social media tools that we have right plus email marketing. You can also participate in wedding fairs to promote your services. You can also partner with merchants who can be complimentary to your business. There are many unique and creative ways you can sell, market your services.
6. Like in any businesses, start up costs are very expensive. You can explore ways and means to save or reduce cost. A good example to illustrate is the equipment you need so instead of doing a cash purchase then you can opt to consider leasing the equipment instead of a cash purchase. The money that is freed up can be used for other areas of your business that needs funding.
These are not everything but i hope it helps you!