Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Homepreneurs

anything metal

• 1 posts
    August 26, 2010 10:58 PM EDT

I am a certified welder/metal fabricator & would like to find out how to put people like me together with inventors/job shoppers, etc.  I'm hoping somewhere out there there's someone looking for people like me to make their prototypes or manufacture their product.  I was laid off as a welder for the aircraft industry & am trying to get my business off the ground.  Surely there's a website out there someplace in cyberspace!!  Thankx

• 2 posts
    April 14, 2013 12:41 PM EDT

I am a certified welder/metal fabricator & would like to find out how to put people like me together with inventors/job shoppers, etc.  I'm hoping somewhere out there there's someone looking for people like me to make their prototypes or manufacture their product.  I was laid off as a welder for the aircraft industry & am trying to get my business off the ground.  Surely there's a website out there someplace in cyberspace!!  Thankx

I know this is an old post, but jarhead3071 this could be a very good idea.

Having just completed a new product / system from design to production for my day job, I can attest how valuable a small fabricator can be. 

I could not find any local fab shops to build my prototype without charging me about ten times the cost of a small production run even with me providing detailed drawings.

Eventually I lucked out and found a medium shop who worked out well for us.

I hope you were able to start something. Good luck.