Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startups Created by the StartupNation Community

Looking for a designer co-founder

• 2 posts
    March 12, 2013 6:22 AM EDT

Hi, my name is Jared. I am 21 and just finishing up my junior year as a CS major. For the past 1.5 years I have been working on a side project called Idealist, a collaboration tool. My time has been spent doing market research, building, and pivoting. I have learned some cool things along the way. I am confident that I have found a market to compete in full of paying customers. Idealist is definitely not the first product to the online collaboration space. However, many people are still using e-mail to collaborate because they are unaware of better solutions. I would like to take Idealist to the next step with the help of a co-founder.

Idealist is a real-time collaboration platform. Initially, I started out building a list-making tool. After some market research and talking with potential customers I learned that distance collaboration is a very common problem. In fact, many people are willing to pay a lot of money to improve their ability to communicate online. (see Paul Graham's Frighteningly Ambitious Startup Ideas)

So far I have built a web app that is somewhere in between launching and the prototype phase. You can actually sign up for it and take it for a spin at goidealist.com. Currently the focus is on making lists, which I hope to downplay in future iterations. I have also developed an iPhone and iPad app. The iOS apps are unpublished for now because I am still tweaking the core functionality of the service.

I am looking for a design-savvy co-founder who wants to try a startup. If distance collaboration is an interesting problem to you then drop me a line at cofounder at goidealist.com.

• 2 posts
    March 13, 2013 9:32 AM EDT

I signed up for CoFoundersLab. Thank you!

• 1 posts
    March 13, 2013 8:42 AM EDT

Hey Jared,

Check out CoFoundersLab, a free online matching platform to help entrepreneurs find the right co-founders/core team members.

Good luck!