Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Accounting & Financial Management

LLC tax documents

    • 2 posts
    March 1, 2009 12:44 PM EST
    In regards to gathering documents to get taxes filed, I am curious about the checks that I receive in my name opposed to the company name.  As an part time adjunct althoug I am an Independent Constractor with them, they will not put it in my business name.  Hoe can I change this?
    Do I add this to income under the company or not?
    Just to note.  It is listed on my monthly income sheet
    EliteC3/1/2009 6:42 PM

    The Elite Consulting Group, LLC

    • 2 posts
    March 26, 2009 1:50 PM EDT
    So my adjunct income should just be deposited into my business account although it is not made out to my business name (made out to me)?

    The Elite Consulting Group, LLC

    • 4 posts
    March 14, 2009 6:24 PM EDT
    I agree.  You should endorse the checks over to your company "without recourse."  That way if the check happens to bounce, the bank can look to your company and not to you personally.
    MCrosby3/15/2009 12:21 AM

    Michael W. Crosby, CPA
    (832) 693-2711