Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Customer Service & Customer Experience

Air Travel and Small Business

• 1 posts
    May 15, 2007 11:39 AM EDT

I also enjoy Southwest, not only for the ease of website booking but also if you have a change in plans, it is really easy to rebook or make changes to your ticket without incurring the regular penalty that almost every airline charges.

Southwest also now offers shuttle bookings directly from it`s website. That`s a plus if you are not renting a car, and prefer to book everything in advance.

Service will only improve with the older airlines when customers start asking for the improvements. Some other perks, not necessarily improvements I have noticed are ease in moving luggage to your hotel, directly from the airport (McCarren/Las Vegas, and I think Denver offers this service also).

• 17 posts
    February 16, 2008 8:32 AM EST
    Hi everyone,

Had anyone tried a private air charter before? I see a prospects in private airline charters. Anybody has good experiences in the airline industry that could share these knowledge? I would like to know how private air charter businesses operate.

---
    "Success is 99% hardwork and 1% intelligence"
    Albert Enstein

• 2 posts
    August 9, 2007 6:17 AM EDT

Hi all,

Yes i certainly agree with you all, all suggestions are really very nice and helpful.

thanks for sharing your informations!

Side Turkey, Side Holidays
    • 270 posts
    May 15, 2007 12:26 PM EDT

Don`t even get me started!  The airlines in Southwest Florida hate (or love to over charge) small businesses.  If you book your flights 30 days a head you might find some semi-good rates. What business knows where they going to need to fly even 2 weeks ahead of time?  Most of the problems are the fact that the airlines has got filling planes down to an art and it requires 30 days notice to do it right.  Then they sock it to the business traveler for last minute travel.  At least that is how it is flying out of Southwest Florida.  All the Internet web sites in the world cannot fix this problem.  Believe me I have tried.  It is the airlines that must make the first move and they are too busy making money.  It cost me over $900 to fly from Fort Myers FL to Asheville NC round trip coach just last week.  That would choke any business’ budget.  What is even worse is a round trip ticket in reverse from Asheville to Fort Myers would have been less!

Sorry, a sore subject with me...

bert2007-5-15 17:39:27

---
    Bert at Harvey Software, Inc.
    Multi-Carrier Shipping Software and Supply Chain Solutions for Internet Retailers

Also a provider of free shipping information and resources at Harvey Software`s Parcel Shipping Blog along with free tracking solutions at TrackingPage.com...

• 10 posts
    March 26, 2013 7:39 AM EDT

Depends on your location. But the easiest way is to be an Expedia's affiliate and start selling and earning commissions immediately.

Hotels in Cyprus

• 3 posts
    May 7, 2013 3:19 AM EDT

I own a transport company in Phoenix. It is basically working in field of limousine service from sky harbor air port phoenix and also for cab service.

---
    transportation from phoenix airport

• 14 posts
    April 27, 2007 1:26 PM EDT
    I always use kayak.com first to search travel, but they don`t include Southwest in their search... and as much as people may complain about Southwest, I`ve flown them several times in the past and thought the service they provided was actually a lot better than many of the other major airlines. So as long as you print your boarding pass a day early and find a decent seat, I think Southwest is a good choice (it`s also usually more affordable). I also fly JetBlue a lot, and love them (even after their little fiasco this past winter) because they have, by far, the most comfortable seats and leg room - lots of space for the laptop, or if you don`t feel like working, you can just sit back and watch TV. 
    • 76 posts
    February 19, 2007 8:12 AM EST

Hi Everyone,

Is it just me, or does air travel just seem to be getting worse? What are your experiences traveling as a small business owner? How do you make it more relaxing and cost-effective? I`d love to here your tips and suggestions.

Melanie

---
    Melanie Rembrandt
    CEO, Rembrandt Communications®, LLC
    Visit www.rembrandtwrites.com for valuable PR tips and SEO copywriting help!
    Twitter: @RembrandtWrites

• 76 posts
    February 19, 2007 9:00 AM EST

Thanks for your input. I have heard of that site and it`s nice to know it will save some time!

Melanie

---
    Melanie Rembrandt

• 76 posts
    February 19, 2007 9:18 AM EST

Thanks Steve. I`ll check it out.

Melanie

---
    Melanie Rembrandt

• 105 posts
    February 19, 2007 8:54 AM EST
    Melanie,

We just booked our first trip using www.Kayak.com. They are a search based system that searches multp. travel providers then refer you to the site to book your trip. Instead of going to the airlines websites and then to expedia and travelocity they search them all for you.

---
    <A HREF="http://www.AuditAuctions.com">Get ISO Certified</A>

• 1 posts
    March 27, 2013 10:33 PM EDT

hi, I am running a business of tr

---
    Society limo is your biggest resource of limousines Serving Atlantic City, Philadelphia, NYC and Surrounding Areas.

• 7 posts
    July 20, 2013 2:01 AM EDT

No doubt Zicasso , This travel company was outstanding. There was no gaps, no mishaps, it was all scheduled correctly. Everything that was promised occurred as scheduled. We have traveled a great deal and this was the best.... We are also planning a new trip with this company... 

---
    Mudança Local

• 14 posts
    April 30, 2013 1:18 AM EDT

Traveling by air these days is rarely fun. However, air travel can be a big concern for inexperienced travelers. Hence, it would be good if you read some tips and advice online before taking a seat in airplane.

---
    Greensboro Hotels