Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Startup Funding

Need An Angel Investor (Silent Partner)

• 26 posts
    July 7, 2013 2:43 AM EDT

Chris,

It sounds like you have everything in place to entice an investor or two. However, you do not state how much you are seeking and you do not say what an investor can expect in return other then triple the size of their investment (what does that relate into equity?). And, you might be looking in the wrong place.

For what you are seeking, I would suggest that you get out in your local community and start networking there. Attemd local community events and talk to everyone about your business. Even those that may not be able to invest, may know of (called gatekeepers) of those that can. Seek out local doctors, lawyers, cpas, and other business professionals. many of who like to give back to their community or are seeking ways to out their own money to better use (get better returns). Or, if they won't invest, the may be the gatekeepers for others that might. Start in your community - that is your best chance of success.

---
    Business Money Today - Small Business Loans

• 3 posts
    July 5, 2013 1:57 PM EDT

I am in the growth stages of my business model and an angel investor would certainly help make the process a lot easier. Everything that has been created thus far is coming out of my own pocket and I have already created results. I have a fully detailed plan on the entire business process and any expenses incurred. The plan is meant to triple any size investment in only two years, so I know that a lot would benefit from it. I guess the one issue that I run into is the fact that it is in the adult industry. However, it is a completely different approach and my success will also help change the industry for the better. Women will be treated much better in the long run. So if you are religious, you can have a good conscience knowing that you are helping put that woman in a much more powerful seat where she is not just tossed around like she currently is. 

My only intent is to find people who have an initial interest and send the entire plan to review and critique and make a decision on if they would like to work with me. 

What is the best way to attract these type of investors?

Who is most likely to be interested?

Any ideas or information would be much appreciated. 

Best Regards,

Chris Ellis

• 10 posts
    July 18, 2013 5:45 AM EDT

Hello ProModel - I agree with the post from BusinessLoans in getting in contact with people!!!

Again, without knowing how much funding you are looking for it's hard for some of us who might be able to help to do just that...  Especially for more "adult" businesses you would certainly need to present this in a VERY professional light to attract funders.

Have you thought about Crowdfunding or using a credit line to at least get started?

Please provide us with some additional information and we may be able to assist!

Thanks - lk

---
    Linda King, Owner of Legacy Asset Solutions - Powerful & Effective Financing Solutions.