Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Website Critique

Free travel guides (My first website project)

• 14 posts
    February 28, 2013 11:49 AM EST

It would be great if I checked first on such a website before going to Greece. When I arrived in Athens hotels were full and I had to search a lot to find a hotel with free rooms. Making some researches before going to visit a foreign country can save you from a lot of stress and unpleasant situations.

• 10 posts
    January 30, 2013 5:20 AM EST

You have a lot of work to do if you want this project to be successful, it is very hard to make a good travel guide website if you don`t have experience in this domain. You should check the http://www.flightsite.co.za/flights/airlines/british-airways-south-africa/ webpage, they got some very interesting things that I like and I am sure the visitor of your website would also like them.

• 9 posts
    March 14, 2013 2:26 AM EDT

Before making the Venice vacation the last month I searched for travel guides but could not find anything worthy. After looking at your website I realized what a good free travel guide should contain, if you will continue to create such guides I am sure your website will be successful.

• 11 posts
    October 22, 2012 9:56 AM EDT

I recommend you go with what you know about. If you're in Copenhagen stick with Copenhagen, but you may have to specialize still further.

Keyword research is crucial! There's probably a huge number of websites about Copenhagen, so find out which search terms people are using that don't have much competition.

If you're too general you'll be up against LonelyPlanet, Frommers and Expedia. You can't possible compete with the directly so concentrate on the 'long tail' searches.

• 2 posts
    April 6, 2012 12:46 AM EDT

Greetings everyone,

We have finally moved into the big world of E-marketing, and online affiliate services, and after a week of very hard work, our first project have seen the light of day.

In hopes of improving, and getting new ideas we'd like to welcome all constructive criticism, rants - well, whatever you feel like.

You can find our webpage at: GoingToCopenhagen.com - Insider Travel Tips, Information and Guides.

So far:

I have taken and written around 10-15 guides to locations in Copenhagen, that we recommend a traveller to visit. The photos are placeholders so far.

The site is built with WordPress and a free theme that I found to work good.

Planned:

In time, a total of 50-100+ guides will be written (and are already planned), with 600-1000 words and a density of 0.7 - 1.5%.
    Pictures will also be updated when I get my new camera.

Thanks in advance!

---
    http://goingtocopenhagen.com

• 1 posts
    July 25, 2013 9:36 AM EDT

Is it necessary to purchase a travel book or is it realistic that we can get similar information from other resources? Usually, most individuals have a major question on buying a travel book. So here are the pros and cons of purchasing one such book.

---
    Spain Holiday

• 4 posts
    April 6, 2012 11:35 PM EDT

Consider changing:

GoingToCopenhagen.com

Insider Travel Tips and Guides for you who's Going to Copenhagen, Denmark

TO:

Going To Copenhagen

Insider Travel Tips and Backdoor Guides Exlusively for Copenhagen, Denmark

I'd also reduce the site-wide header image by at least 2/3rds.  There is valuable site space that you aren't utilizing.

Change the "Private Policy" to "Privacy Policy"

Move Private Policy, and the Contact/About Us page off the main navigation and put them in the footer.  That will make more room in your navigation for travel specific links.

Consider changing the names of your navigation links to be more meaningful to the user seeking Copenhagen information.  For instance, instead of Calendar, consider using terms like Events in Copenhagen, or something like that.

If you need help with any of that...let me know..

• 53 posts
    May 13, 2013 5:05 AM EDT

First impressions:  The main picture is not very appealing, , too crowded and cluttered.

Mis-spelling on the first line.  There is little match between what is descibed for the site and the tabs or categories.  We don't see any 

Activities, festivals, parties and events - in the top of the webpage we’ve collected and created a list of events and festivals.

Those should have their own heading, or be in each web page.

We don't see each area or excursion or tour listed.  You need a tab that says each.  Like   LOCATIONS.   TOURS.   EXCURSIONS.  FESTIVALS, or explain that is in each  City or Place.   it is just not well-organized.

Also of course it looks like a blog, which to many means it IS disorganized and we don't like searching for anything.

There ya go. hope that helps for starters.  You can find some good tips on website design and promotion at our Web Success Site.

• 1 posts
    July 27, 2013 12:07 PM EDT

Apartment Near Italy Beach: Famous for it's wine, cool rolling hills and old culture. However this place has some of best beaches with it's white sand and old style villages that are behind them. Not to mention that the water is a beautiful crystal clear color and there's about 100 miles of coastline. When you come here you need to visit Viareggio and enjoy the old festival that's been going on for more than 100 years.

---
    [url=http://www.travel-italy.co.uk/]Apartment Near Italy Beach[/url]

• 4 posts
    March 28, 2013 8:46 AM EDT

You should include in your website ten inexpensive attractions for every travel guide, I can assure you that your visitors will love this. There are a lot of free travel guide website, if you want to be successful you must come with an ingenious idea.