Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

Which Is More Important...Page Rank Or Traffic?

• 7 posts
    August 23, 2012 11:37 PM EDT

I agree traffic is more important but it depends on how you're getting that traffic. If its via Adwords or PPC then its good for short term. Page rank is good for long term but you have to keep at it to keep it up there. You must also keep up with the Google's changes that might change your PR.

---
    Wedding Planning Directory | Wedding Guide

• 5 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:34 PM EDT

Traffic comes first followed by Page Rank. I think one of the factors of increase in Page Rank is large traffic.

---
    Meeting Room Hire Hoppers Crossing | Office Space For Rent Point cook

• 9 posts
    August 3, 2012 4:20 AM EDT

The posted information really great. Thanks for sharing.

user testing 
    • 183 posts
    October 25, 2007 1:22 PM EDT
    In my opinion, they`re both important, but in different ways. Let me explain:

If you`re selling a product or service, it is much more important to attract laser-targeted traffic to your website, so in that regard, page rank is not as important.

On the other hand, buyers of previously-owned domain names and websites often look at page rank to determine a website`s value, so in that regard PR is very important.

Anyway, that`s my opinion. What do you think?

Dale King

Page Rank (as in the Toy in the Google toolbar) is meant for entertainment purposes only.  What is important to Google/MSN/Yahoo is relevant content, and good incoming traffic and a site that conforms to ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) standards.

---
    Aaron Wood
    CEO
    San Diego Dream Weavers
    http://www.sddreamweavers.com
    awood@sddreamweavers.com

New and improved! Now with blogging goodness!
    http://www.sddreamweavers.com/san-diego-seo-marketing-blog/

• 17 posts
    March 26, 2012 9:23 PM EDT

For the last decade, SEO Strategies have had to evolve to match the continually changing ways Search Engines use to relate sites to specific topics. It is a game of cat and mouse, where the search companies work hard to keep in ahead of ever-resourceful web and SEO masters. Whereas many websites simply live for traffic playing a numbers game, Search Engines live for relevance, providing the most useful return to the user’s search.

---
    Greeley Cardiologist

• 5 posts
    January 15, 2013 9:11 PM EST

I think, they both are important. It all depends on quality.

• 47 posts
    January 16, 2013 4:52 AM EST

They are two different things altogether, but both are important.  Page rank is about Google's determination of which pages are important based on incoming links.  Traffic is all about visitors.  Both can contribute to each other, positively and negatively.

Touch Point Digital Marketing of New Orleans, specializing in website design and Local SEO

---
    David @ Touch Point Digital Marketing
    A New Orleans SEO & web design company.

• 3 posts
    March 12, 2012 1:51 AM EDT

Both PR and traffic are equally important to increase the rankings in search engine results.

---
    Belajar Forex | Broker Forex | Islamic Forex

• 3 posts
    July 31, 2012 5:29 PM EDT

According to me, its depend on your website purpose. If you selling something product or you have one line business then traffic is important but page rank doesn’t matter.

---
    Sharepoint Staffing Requirements | Sharepoint Development

• 5 posts
    August 2, 2012 3:56 AM EDT

PR doesn't matter at all. PR doesn't bring in traffic and conversions, most consumers and end users don't even know what pagerank is. Google has even admitted that they don't update PR scores or even consider PR in the SERPS anymore. i've seen pr0 sites in position 1 and i've seen pr8 sites on the 4th page. 

traffic, qualified traffic specifically, is what matters. traffic is what brings conversion and therefore is what pays the bills. 

---
    Cost Reduction Consulting

• 741 posts
    July 27, 2007 6:45 AM EDT
    In my opinion, they`re both important, but in different ways. Let me explain:

If you`re selling a product or service, it is much more important to attract laser-targeted traffic to your website, so in that regard, page rank is not as important.

On the other hand, buyers of previously-owned domain names and websites often look at page rank to determine a website`s value, so in that regard PR is very important.

Anyway, that`s my opinion. What do you think?

Dale King
    DKing2007-7-27 11:48:42

---
    If you`re tired of all the money-making
    hype, lies and scams...read this!
    Click here for more details!

• 741 posts
    July 27, 2007 12:41 PM EDT

PR is over valued. It is best not to focus on PR, what PR you have now, or will have in the future. PR is not a realtime measure of a website`s popularity or importance.

~Roland

While I agree that page rank is overrated,  it still holds value in the minds of many individuals. And as I stated in my opening post, buyers of previously-owned domain names and websites often look at page rank to determine a website`s value, so in that regard PR is very important.

Dale King

DKing2007-7-27 17:42:51

---

• 741 posts
    July 27, 2007 3:16 PM EDT

Actually, what a person perceives to be true is reality to him or her. After all, perception is reality.

Dale King

---

• 741 posts
    July 27, 2007 4:19 PM EDT

what page, are you on, in Google search? 

Well, since you asked, I`m on page one for my main keyword term,:" internet marketing help."

And I`m near the top of page two for another of my keyword phrases, internet marketing expert."

I rank #1 for the keyword phrase," free sales copy evaluation."

I also rank at or near the top for dozens of other keyword phrases as well.

Dale King

---

• 741 posts
    July 28, 2007 3:27 AM EDT

So you don`t think people are searching for those less-popular keyword phrases? Well, you`re wrong.

More importantly, you`re missing the boat on thousands and thousands of relevant, second tier keyword phrase variations you`ve never even considered.

In addition to that, you`re leaving a ton of money on the table, because you`re not being creative and thinking outside the box, regarding potential keyword phrase variations you can use to help people find your website.

I didn`t just arbitrarily make up a bunch of keyword phrase variations. I researched every one of my phrases very carefully.

Granted, just one or two of these less-popular keyword phrases probably won`t make a whole lot of difference to your bottom line. But when you have hundreds or even thousands of them, the numbers can add up pretty quickly.

How do I know this method works? Three reasons:

1. I did my homework.

2. My stats don`t lie.

3. I ask and my clients tell me what keywords they used to find me.

The bottom line is this: Whether you choose to believe it or not, people do search for  less popular keyword phrases - more than enough to make it worth your while financially.

Dale King

DKing2007-7-28 9:0:32

---

• 741 posts
    July 28, 2007 10:54 AM EDT

I might have mistakenly implied that ,when I said let`s not  make up keyword phrases. I meant it shouldn`t be that important to be #1 for EVERY phrase you can think of that could apply to your site, when other keywords are definitely searched for much more.  But I`m sure marketers and designers have people searching for their sites in many different ways. And the fact that they find you however they choose to find you is great! And as it`s been said, content, and knowing what they`re searching for is important.

Did you know that many of the words in the dictionary are variations of the same word? Why the redundancy?

Because dictionary publishers realized long ago that people have different research habits. We don`t all think alike. While two people may be looking for the same exact word, they may look for that word in different ways.

Well doing keyword research is no different. People search keyword phrases differently, although  many of the keyword phrases they`re searching for mean exactly the same thing. They`re just worded differently.

Also, Internet marketing is ultra-competitive.Why not give yourself every possible advantage?

If you can obtain high rankings for relevant, less popular keyword phrases, why wouldn`t  you go for it? Why not give your target audience every opportunity to find you?

I going to continue to give my target audience every opportunity to find my website.

Dale King

DKing2007-7-28 20:22:19

---

• 741 posts
    July 28, 2007 3:25 PM EDT

Actually, search engines may penalize sites that practice such SEO. So, not only do you risk viewers being unhappy, but getting banned from some search engine results.

And rightfully so. Anyone who practices illegal SEO tactics should be banned.

Dale King

DKing2007-7-28 20:27:13

---

• 741 posts
    August 21, 2007 3:14 AM EDT

Here is the answer to you question ... as t appears in WebProNews ... Aug 15, 2007 ...

That`s not an answer, that`s merely an opinion. And as you can see from this thread, everyone has their own opinion.

Dale King

---

• 741 posts
    August 21, 2007 12:03 PM EDT
    Somehow though, I think the author of the article has a little more credibility than most here .... as WebProNews is a highly respected trade pub within the web and e-commerce trade. (They don`t allow "light-weights" to write articles for them.)

But then I`m confident you will have a different opinion ... as you do most of the time.

Nice try...but I`m not taking the bait!

Dale King

DKing2007-8-21 17:7:3

---

• 741 posts
    September 4, 2007 4:22 AM EDT

DKing,

This is the second or third post that I have seen you boast that you are on the first page of Goole for internet marketing help.  I can seem to find you on the first page.  Are you listed on another site or something?

Joe, refresh your browser and check again. I just checked and I`m still on Google`s first page at #6, for the keyword phrase internet marketing help.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=internet+marketing+ help&btnG=Search

I`m also at #8 on Yahoo for the same keyword phrase.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=internet+marketing+help& ; ;fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Dale King

DKing2007-9-4 9:32:26

---

• 49 posts
    May 21, 2013 7:30 PM EDT

I think page rank is more important, because if you have higher page rank then automatically you get more and more traffic....

so ultimately page rank is more important...

---
    [url= http://www.konaspa.com/]Lotus center[/url] | [url= http://lotus-center.com/]Lotus center[/url]

• 21 posts
    March 14, 2012 7:28 AM EDT

“important for WHAT”? Then he added, “for making money”. OK, then. Which one is more important for making money – and should we care?

It is true that many people judge the importance of your blog by your Google PageRank – including advertisers. So, yes, PageRank is an IMAGE thing, but it does not always affect how much traffic you get.  Which would you rather have? More traffic and NO PageRank or a higher PageRank and less traffic?

---
    Teacher Licensure Colorado

• 4 posts
    March 1, 2012 5:41 PM EST

hi...

traffic is most important but you can't get it without the page rank. it means to say that if you want traffic on your site then people have to visit your site and it will lead to traffic on your site.

---
    Find Digital Agency Dublin

• 20 posts
    March 25, 2012 10:50 PM EDT

Title of your page is the most important thing both for the readers and search engines.

A reader gets attracted to any page because of the title. The title tells him what is the content of the page.

This is just like the titles of articles published in newspapers and magazines. However we experience many times that the title is not attractive and does not give the idea of content in it. In this case there is a bad impact on the readership of the article. A large percentage of readers ignore such articles. Same thing happens about your pages on your blog, website or Hubs.

---
    Loveland Stroke

• 59 posts
    August 31, 2007 6:01 PM EDT
    DKing,

This is the second or third post that I have seen you boast that you are on the first page of Goole for internet marketing help.  I can seem to find you on the first page.  Are you listed on another site or something?

---
    Arsenal Marketing
    WEB 2.0 Internet Marketing for Business
    http://www.arsenalmarketing.com
    Joe@arsenalmarketing.com

Reach a larger audience!
    Start blogging today!
    Using WEB 2.0 strategies & techniques!