Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Is Your Sales Presentation Appetizing?

• 37 posts
    September 27, 2007 11:14 AM EDT
    I think it might be because we get caught up in the product and the development of it and neglect the packaging. 

---
    china business card / Wall Street Journal Reader

• 741 posts
    September 26, 2007 3:51 AM EDT
    I enjoy a good Porterhouse steak. Whenever, I go out to eat at a nice restaurant, that`s usually what I order. And when the waiter or waitress brings me my meal on that shiny white plate, piping hot with the steam rising from my feast up into my nostrils, and when I get my first whiff of that thick, juicy, delectable steak, smothered in mushrooms, scrumptious brown gravy dripping from the fluffy white mountain of delicious mash potatoes...

So is your mouth watering yet? Do you have a clear picture in your mind of that plate of steak and mash potatoes? Now keep that picture in your mind and imagine the waiter or waitress bringing you that same meal on a dirty, rusty garbage can lid. Not quite as appetizing is it?

That`s what I think about when I hear people complaining that their website isn`t converting the way they think it should. It`s probably because of how your offer is being presented. Presentation is everything. And if your sales aren`t what you think they should be, you need to determine whether you`re serving your visitors a meal on a shiny white plate or a dirty, rusty garbage can lid.

I mean, which one would you rather eat off of?

Dale King
    DKing2007-9-26 9:19:4

---
    If you`re tired of all the money-making
    hype, lies and scams...read this!
    Click here for more details!

• 741 posts
    September 28, 2007 10:04 AM EDT

I agree, DKing.  Great visual you gave me, by the way!  Even if the product is the best there is, it has to have a great presentation.  I don`t care how many people say, "Don`t judge a book by it`s cover," most people do!!!

Thank you, Samantha!

Dale King

---
    If you`re tired of all the money-making
    hype, lies and scams...read this!
    Click here for more details!