Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Strategies & Tactics for Getting Efficient

Retail Inventory System

• 1 posts
    October 3, 2012 7:32 PM EDT

My father owns a small retail hardware store but there is no electronic system to keep track of the inventory.  They do a physical count or guesstimate to see what items need to be ordered. The employees are not very computer savvy. How do I implement an inventory tracking system that will be as easy as possible to implement and easy to learn.

I can help in the implementation, but what are some ways I can go about doing this?

• 12 posts
    October 31, 2013 1:39 PM EDT

Actually, PayPanther, has great free Inventory Management software, in addition they do CRM, invoicing, time-tracking, payment processing, and you can access it all online from anywhere in the world.

Did I mention it's completely free? :)

Check it out: PayPanther.com

• 62 posts
    October 31, 2013 5:10 PM EDT

Calreg / Paypanther

Was not aware of paypanther before looks worth checking out.  Is there a POS aspect to it for inventory controls?

That being said for today and what is available I love POS units that work on Ipads and other plug and use tools.  Luva is good for this.  

Document Search |Search for files

• 5 posts
    May 17, 2014 1:51 PM EDT
    You can invest - but as mentioned above there are so many free things. I would do barcodes if it was me. Scan in, scan out. I work in manufacturing and this is very efficient. There is some work to setting it up but after that, I would say it is easy. There are cheap scanners on Amazon / Ebay. I like the idea of the software mentioned earlier - and it may be as simple as going to their site - if they do not have a POS and seeing what they recommend. Sometimes they build software to be compatible with other things out of their scope.
    • 5 posts
    May 17, 2014 1:53 PM EDT
    Just checked out PayPanther... there is a cost after trial. There ARE free options out there though. Some come in the form of scripts you can integrate on your site, others are online. You could also go to the SBA (small business association) where they have FREE resources.

Solo
    $15/month
    Up to 500 Clients
    Unlimited Invoices/Month
    Up to 2 Users (Employees)
    1 GB of File Sharing
    Your Logo on Invoices
    White Panther
    $29/month
    Up to 5,000 Clients
    Unlimited Invoices/Month
    Up to 5 Users