Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Grab Bag

LLC formation in home state for national company?

• 2 posts
    June 1, 2009 8:19 PM EDT
    Filing: Your LLC is considered organized once an original and a duplicate copy of the articles of organization are delivered to the Secretary of State with the proper filing fee and the Secretary of State determines that they are in compliance with state requirements.

Source :
    customerservice@clickandinc.com
    Barkri126/2/2009 1:14 AM
    • 4 posts
    February 7, 2007 4:50 AM EST
    I am creating a national internet listing site that will allow for companies to advertise their services.  My question is, should the LLC be formed in the state where the office and most of the business transactions will be handled (as my paying customers will be from every state)?  Thank you in advance for your reply.
    • 4 posts
    February 7, 2007 5:00 AM EST
    thank you for the very quick reply!  So, I will only need to file in my state...am I required to file anything additional as my customers will be national?  tax wise?  thanks!
    • 99 posts
    February 7, 2007 4:56 AM EST
    My recommendation would be to form the LLC where you and your office will be physically located.

---

Pepper Law Group, LLC
    21 E. High Street, Suite D
    Somerville, NJ 08876
    informationlaw.com
    Now available on DVD!
    The Legal Considerations of Starting an Online Business

• 33 posts
    February 14, 2007 6:43 AM EST

If you are looking at incorporating (as opposed to LLC) you may want to consider states such as Deleware and Nevada. 

• 154 posts
    February 7, 2007 4:54 AM EST
    Yes.  Else you may have to pay more in fees.

---
    Travis Tschepen
    Hibachi Bros. LLC

--My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.--