Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Homepreneurs

Legal Status

    • 990 posts
    May 12, 2009 4:49 AM EDT
    consider an LLC - pay a lawyer.  Open up yellow pages to attorney section, pick one that practices in business law.  If you truly can`t decide which attorney to pick, pick the one with the most letters in his or her last name.

    James Lindon, Ph.D. Patent Attorney
    Lindon & Lindon, LLC
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Pharmacy Law, Litigation
    [this is not legal advice - provided for discussion only]
    Intellectual Property for the Individual and Small Business: Identify, Protect, Enforce, Defend.
    "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

    • 17 posts
    May 9, 2009 4:58 AM EDT

    I would like to know what kind of status i should put myself under, do to consultant job ? 

    A company wants to use my services and give me checks, but i don`t know if i should just check them under my name or should i create a company,or .... ? 

    I am home based 

    Thank you,
    • 17 posts
    May 9, 2009 9:48 PM EDT
    i don`t need a professional advice i just need sombody who has been in the same situation.

    so they can share their experience has homepreneurs. 

    thank you 

    • 17 posts
    May 10, 2009 11:28 PM EDT

    150 $ for a lawyer seems very cheap.

    What kind of lawyer should i call ? 

    do you guys know a good one in miami ? 

    thanks for the help. 
    • 17 posts
    May 11, 2009 10:43 PM EDT
    ok thanks 
    • 17 posts
    May 13, 2009 3:08 AM EDT
    " the one with the most letters in his or her last name." i like that :)