Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Selecting a Business for Yourself

how to start a jewelry business

• 3 posts
    November 5, 2012 5:01 AM EST

Hello there... I don't have enough idea about jewelry business. But I can suggest you a website where you could meet aspiring entrepreneurs in India. You can share your business ideas, doubts, and find a co founder for your business. Your co-founder might probably  help you through all your doubts and concerns. Visit Co-founder.

• 33 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:34 PM EST

You can also start your jewellery business with an ecommerce website. Ecommerce website is used to sell and buy products online. You can design your website yourself or can take help of any ecommerce solutions. An ecommerce website removes the barriers of borders and can be accessed any time from any where.

Professional Ecommerce Designers

• 72 posts
    September 13, 2012 12:01 AM EDT

Hello there,

I don’t have much knowledge about how much money you will need to start your own jewellery business. It depends up to you that on which level (Size) you are starting your business. According to me first you must register your jewellery business and business name. You should have potential customers and good contacts to run your business successfully.

---
    Portable Yard Ramps | Mobile Yard Ramps

• 6 posts
    December 7, 2012 7:26 AM EST

You're better off just joining a jewelry network marketing company. This will help you understand the business side of things as well as you can learn how to start building your customer based. There's Cookie Lee and Silpada or something like that.

It's just a faster easier way to get started.

---
    Is Your Home business NOT Paying You Enough?

• 2 posts
    August 23, 2012 10:32 AM EDT

Along with what Dpled mentioned you will also want to determine what kind of jewlery you will want to sell and determine your target consumers. For example if you want to do rings only, you may want to offer custom designs for all or maybe just a niche like class rings or wedding sets. The list can go on and on depending on your capital to begin with. Also determine if you want to sell online or your own brick and mortar store. Establish a good supply of wholesale business contacts as well. You may want to do jewlery trade shows as well. Dont forget your equipment that you will need such as scales, etc. I dont know too much about all the equipment needed but im sure you can get an idea of what you will need. If its something you love and its your passion...Go for it! Good Luck

Investments Of Education LLC

• 1 posts
    September 24, 2012 12:45 AM EDT

You should pay attention about market competition in Jewelry business and then choose the option which has less competition in comparison with others. Your budget will decide according to the business like what do you want to sell, how big start you want and surely the location.

---
    Snö of Sweden

• 2 posts
    September 10, 2012 12:18 AM EDT

Choosing a Name

One of the first steps in starting your Jewellery Making Business is to choose a name. Try and make sure it is easy to remember and gives the proper image to your jewellery. If you are creating and selling expensive semi-precious jewellery don’t call it something like ‘Barbara’s Bling’ you want the name to reflect the quality and exclusivity of your jewellery.

If you are planning to have a website to showcase your work make sure that the domain name (web address) for the business name you have chosen is available. You can check this on a number of websites, such as www.lcn.com. Simply type your required website address in the box, press search and it will tell you if that web address is taken or not.

Creating your Marketing Material

The next step is to think about how to present your name on your marketing material and jewellery.

Play around with the shape of your name and see if you can develop it into a logo or simple shape to put on your business cards and marketing material.

When you have developed your logo you might also like to put it on the boxes or packaging you sell your jewellery in and to print it onto cards to mount your earrings on. You can also print it onto small tags to attach to your necklaces and bracelets.

Putting your name and logo on all your marketing, presentation material and jewellery gives a professional looking image and enables people to remember you.

Promoting your business

One of the best ways to promote your new business is to wear your handmade jewellery. People will often comment on how nice it is and then you can tell them that you made it yourself.

Make sure you always carry your business cards so that you can give one to anyone who admires your creations.

..............................................................................

how to start a jewelry business

• 1 posts
    August 23, 2012 2:55 AM EDT

I want to start new business but don't know how to start a jewelry business? Can any one tell me about it? How much money i need to start it?

• 5 posts
    November 28, 2012 10:48 PM EST

The demand of jewelry business is very high in all over the world. So i would like to suggest you that you should open online jewelry business. You don't need much more investment and follow strict rule.

---
    Buy Sex Toys and Lingerie from OneClickSecrets.com

• 39 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:30 AM EDT

I just started a small jewelry line on my own with no prior jewelry experience. Half of it is just like any other business and the other half requires the technical jewelry aspect, that is, if you plan on making your own pieces. Do you already make jewelry? Do you want your own line? Do you want to sell other peoples pieces? More info is needed.

---
    Two Finger Rings, Double Finger Rings
    Micro Screws, Mini Screws, Small Screws | US Micro Screw
    Custom Screw Manufacturer | Custom-Fasteners.com

• 39 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:37 AM EDT

You need to know about choosing and registering your jewelry business name, obtaining your business license and resale tax number, setting up a separate bank account for your business, dealing with the IRS, and keeping good records.

And to start this business you required to average cost $1,500-$5,000.

For more information you may visit the article "http://www.atouchofbusiness.com/tips/ideas/JewelryBusiness-0041.html"

-------------------------

B22 Led Bulbs | Downlight Fittings | E27 Led Bulbs | Electrical Accessories | G9 Led Bulbs | GU10 Connector | GU10 Led Bulbs | Led Flood Lights | MR16 Led Bulbs | E14 Led Candle Bulbs

There is no required set amount to start a jewelry business.  You could spend 100k+ or spend less than 5k...depends exactly on what you want to do. Most of your time will be spent designing and making the pieces though.

---
    Two Finger Rings, Double Finger Rings
    Micro Screws, Mini Screws, Small Screws | US Micro Screw
    Custom Screw Manufacturer | Custom-Fasteners.com

• 7 posts
    September 10, 2012 12:23 PM EDT

A jewelry business is not too simple but pays off excellently once started.

You need a lot of money to invest upon starting the business but then you only get profits. It's good to have cheap but effective advertisement like: websites, SEO articles, flyers distributed locally etc.

You will also need to plan an excellent security system and protection against thieves.

---
    Best business advice - Entrepreneurs' Advice Bureau

• 52 posts
    September 27, 2012 4:42 AM EDT

You will also need to plan an excellent security system and protection against thieves.

------------------------

php development india
    • 26 posts
    September 25, 2012 9:42 PM EDT

First, you have to think about business name. Check reliable suppliers where you can get supplies without hurting your business. Choose a person who can process paper works (business permit etc.). And make sure you have a mentor if you dont know what to do.

• 39 posts
    September 26, 2012 8:26 PM EDT

If you want to start a jewelry business then spend some time on the research of the investment schemes and profit ratio in this business. This might clear your vision of starting this business or not.

---
    Design custom koozies to fit your needs