Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Search Engine Optimization & Advertising

Dealing with seo after a move to new city?

• 79 posts
    July 27, 2013 12:25 AM EDT

You need to promote your website and service for two deference places. so try to make your identity for specific work for two different cities. 

---
    SEO Company India | SEO Service In Sydney | SEO Company Australia

• 3 posts
    July 26, 2013 2:57 AM EDT

Why not create a new page on your current site targeting the new location and build deep links to that page.

Lots of companies out there have multiple office locations.

The last thing you want to do though is stuff your title tag with multiple locations on your homepage in the attempt to rank for too many different phrases :)

• 3 posts
    July 25, 2013 6:13 AM EDT

Thanks for the reply Tom. I thought about creating a new site, but there are a couple of concerns with

that approach. From a branding standpoint, trying to market two identities seems a bit odd and may

come across a bit unprofessional (especially if both businesses are going to include the same design

portfolio pieces). I guess I'll weigh my options. Thanks.

---
    Graphic designer and lover of all things creative.

• 3 posts
    July 26, 2013 4:49 AM EDT

Thanks for the reply Quest...Yeah I suppose I could do that. I figured that targeting two different locations on the same site would lessen the strength of the first location...even though each page sort of has it's own ability to rank well for it's own particular keywords. I suppose I'll give that a try. I'm surprised there isn't more information out there regarding this. At least I couldn't find any. Thanks again for the reply.

---

• 3 posts
    June 11, 2013 5:07 PM EDT

Hello. I'm new to these forums but I wanted to ask a question I can't seem to find a lot of answers to on the web. What is the best way to handle SEO for a website after a move to a new city?

For example, I am a graphic designer in Nashville Tn. I rank well for terms like "Nashville graphic design", but I'm wondering what's the best method for maintaining solid web rank or building new web rank after a move? Is it possible to maintain rank in two different cities or does google frown upon that? How much of a drop in ranking is typical for original city keywords after a move or after trying to rank in a new city? These are just some of the questions I have regarding this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

---

• 17 posts
    July 24, 2013 9:53 PM EDT

Hello. I'm new to these forums but I wanted to ask a question I can't seem to find a lot of answers to on the web. What is the best way to handle SEO for a website after a move to a new city?

For example, I am a graphic designer in Nashville Tn. I rank well for terms like "Nashville graphic design", but I'm wondering what's the best method for maintaining solid web rank or building new web rank after a move? Is it possible to maintain rank in two different cities or does google frown upon that? How much of a drop in ranking is typical for original city keywords after a move or after trying to rank in a new city? These are just some of the questions I have regarding this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just make a new website for the city you're now in.

Keep the nashville website that has good rankings and do SEO for the new website and make money from both citys.

---
    Your company most likely needs SEO. Contact us at MonsterBacklinks.com