Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Building a Website that Works

The domain name I need is owned...help

• 7 posts
    December 11, 2008 12:18 PM EST
    I was going to recommend utilizing http://www.ajaxwhois.com as well.

Is the domain name a key part of your brand or are you worried about indexing?

EricCorl12/11/2008 6:17 PM

---
    IdeaBuyer.com - Sell and License Your Patents      
    My Business Blog

My Email - Feel Free to Email me with Questions

• 4 posts
    December 9, 2008 10:49 PM EST
    The domain name that would benefit me most is already owned.  I have tried to reach out to the owner and have never gotten a response.  The existing site seems like a place holder.  Related search terms to the domain name hyperlinked to other pages of more related searches.

Is there a reliable service that could track down the owner and obtain the domain name for me efficiently.  Anyone have any experience with this?
    • 2 posts
    January 26, 2013 6:56 PM EST

Yes there are many services available to check the details of the domain name .I suggest  Whoisxy.com .Here they provide whois search which display  some details of  the domain name entered like domain owner information,phone number,email id,domain creation  and expiry date etc.

• 412 posts
    December 10, 2008 2:33 AM EST
    I think that Sedo and GoDaddy offer domain brokers that assist in getting domain names that are already taken ... in the meantime, try to find alternate domain names that would work, just in case ....

---
    M Hall
    Website Critique Community
    International Society of Curmudgeons

• 434 posts
    December 10, 2008 5:31 AM EST
    The domain name that would benefit me most is already owned.  I have tried to reach out to the owner and have never gotten a response.  The existing site seems like a place holder.  Related search terms to the domain name hyperlinked to other pages of more related searches.

Is there a reliable service that could track down the owner and obtain the domain name for me efficiently.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Have you tried whois.com?
    If you go to GoDaddy and search for your domain name, their site will offer dozens of similar sounding sites for your consideration.
    By the way, it is useless to shop different registrars because they all use the same database.  Pick one and stick with them.

---
    Steve Mann
    Internet Videographer
    MannMade Digital Video
    My Email

• 434 posts
    December 11, 2008 4:29 AM EST
    Ajaxwhois is a GoDaddy reseller, but I do like their "instant" check on domains. 

---
    Steve Mann
    Internet Videographer
    MannMade Digital Video
    My Email

• 434 posts
    December 12, 2008 8:04 AM EST
    Is there a reason that you don`t want to ask for naming advice here?  What is the domain you wanted and what is the nature of the business?

---
    Steve Mann
    Internet Videographer
    MannMade Digital Video
    My Email