Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Business planning

Best cheap way to Create a website

• 7 posts
    December 13, 2011 4:38 PM EST

If you have little knowledge about IT terminologies then you can use dynamic websites like Wix.com to create website. Otherwise you can hire a professional.

---
    baby accessories online

• 1 posts
    October 7, 2011 6:45 AM EDT

I have used the website builder from www.rapidweb.com.

Just a thought.

• 63 posts
    January 17, 2012 10:08 PM EST

There are multiple website on the internet which can provide free hosting, so by using those website you can upload your web pages.

business for sale

• 355 posts
    May 8, 2007 2:00 PM EDT

Hi all,

I used the free web design tools offered by Yahoo.  I have my site hosted through them and they provide the software ( SiteBuilder ) for free.  Yahoo also includes a blog tool and several other free services.  Since I’m just starting out, this was the best rout for me.  I can also go in and add to or change pages of my website without paying someone to make the changes.   

nevadascul2007-5-9 13:5:28

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 355 posts
    May 9, 2007 8:17 AM EDT

Hi Benreich,

I looked at Microsoft Live and even went through the registration process.  Right up to the last page that asked for my credit card information.  I contacted Microsoft and asked why they needed my credit card information for a free service.  Here is a synopsis of what I was told:

As soon as they get enough people signed up, they are going to start 

charging for the service.  Anybody who does not want to pay their

service fees will have to go find another web hosting service.  Microsoft

also would not tell me what the new fees will be.

I canceled my registration and went with Yahoo.  Yahoo post all their fees up front.

nevadascul2007-5-9 13:19:24

---
    The older we get, the more excuses we make for not chasing after our dreams. But truth is, goals are attainable at any age.

• 10 posts
    April 25, 2007 7:15 AM EDT
    Hi Stami,

It is not necessary to buy firefox (it`s free) and don`t hire a consultant (it`s expensive) as you are going to test the market.

I had experience on creating different website, let me try to give you some suggestions. I think you can try in the following simple steps...

The first thing is that you need to find out what kind of website and what will you put on the website. Is it provide simple company information only? Or implement an online consulting system?

Then you can research some related website, study their Design, Structure, Functions and Content, so that you have a blueprint of your website.

If you do not have any experience on website design and programming, I would strong recommend that you hire some people to do that. You can go to elance.com and ask someone to bid on your project base on your "Blueprint".

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Regards,
    Mars

---
    How to save some money for your business? Get Free Business Cards

Enjoy!

• 9 posts
    April 28, 2007 10:29 AM EDT
    Hi -

My husband is trying to get some web design work, but he needs to build a larger  portfolio (the one he has now is beautiful, but small)....he can work for cheap, just to get the referrals and larger body of work.

If you`re interesting in seeing what he has, please contact me directly!
  • FEV
    • 8 posts
    April 25, 2007 1:09 PM EDT
    Hi Stami,

I have worked in the web development world for a while now and there are lots of ways to get a website done for cheap. It either going to cost some money or your time to learn how to do it.  I would recommend spending some money, so you can concentrate on your business.

1 - College Students: call up a college, talk to their graphic design or computer science department and see if you can connect with a talented kid.  You can pay them next to nothing or sometimes get them for free. Just offer to help them with a good recommendation or fill out their paperwork so they can get credit for it.

2 - Use a bidding site: you can put out your request for quote on sites like designquote.net or elance.com and people can bid on your work. 

3 - India: this is really tough and be prepared for communications problems, but you can get firms in india to do web work for very little. 

Hope that helps!
    FEV2007-4-25 18:11:16

---
    Happy Human Foods
    Simple. Healthy. Delicious.

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2013 5:10 AM EDT

Hi Stami,

No need to hire a consultant to create a website. Today there are several online sources where you can find some great articles to create a website in any format. Recent while surfing online I came across a good tutorial at simplewebsitetutorials.com where they have many more articles that gives the detailed description of creating a website. Pay them a visit, they definitely provide you detailed information regarding website and all your queries as well.

• 10 posts
    April 25, 2007 3:26 AM EDT

I am thinking about creating a consulting website and would like information on the best way to about this.  Should I hire a consultant, buy firefox and learn the software, or find a cheap webcreator online?  My idea is to create a website and test the market to see if this service will work.  Has anyone done test market websites or test companies? 

Thanks,

• 10 posts
    May 9, 2007 10:30 AM EDT

I am sorry for not replying sooner.  I have read all of your comments and appreciate your feedback.  My business will be professional recruiting services.  I have looked at most of your sites.  I liked the idea of maybe starting a blog.  I am currently employed by an engineering firm, so I dont know if its ok to start calling other consultants or prospects.  I thought I could maybe put a website together and send it to some of my consultant friends and get their opinions.  All of you have been great help.  If you have any other advice for starting a recruiting firm please email me. 

Thanks,

Rusty

• 10 posts
    May 11, 2007 1:49 AM EDT

Again, this feedback is great.  I have spoken with two people who currently own successful recruiting businesses (one medical and one engineering).  They have both offered to mentor me and help me get started.  I have a full roladex of potential clients, I would have to work on the job seekers.  It is relatively cheap to place an ad in surveying and engineering magazines and journals or online.  I could start with that.  I think the blog idea is a great option for me to start with.  I don`t have any recruiting experience except for my own experiences in trying to find candidates, but I have a very strong sales background and aptitude. 

My main big problem......being currently imployed in the industry.  I unfortunately need the cash flow of my current job.  I was thinking of talking with them about my situation, but that could go the wrong way.  

I guess this is what this whole idea of entreprenuership is all about, finding a need, planning, and then taking the leap..... 

• 14 posts
    December 11, 2011 3:31 AM EST

I think the first thing is that you need to find out what kind of website and what will you put on the website. :)

---
    How to Get Rid of Sore Throat

• 4 posts
    May 8, 2007 6:19 AM EDT

i`m no expert in this field but I have created quite a number of websites the past 3 years such as

http://meridiantouch.com
    http://sharpenedimage.com
    http://www.monkeybone.com.my
    http://vainpots.com
    http://kaerazami.com

just to name a few.

building a website isn`t easy nor should it be painstakingly difficult. Some have advised you to learn how to design a website but that will distract you from managing your business / project.

I have dealt with designers from India, and, (only from my experience), designs are below par, lots of communications problem and they don`t really do much research on the concept you have in mind.

I suggest you get someone who knows how to bring out the best of your business through the website.

I think of only two things when I want to help a business start. Their logo and the website.

Reason being is that the logo, is actually the most valuable asset (to me). It sticks to your newsletter and every other media. (Remember Mr Happy Crack) and the website. A website is your 24/7 business card. It tells people about you whenever and wherever they are. Plus in the world of web 2.0, audience are more impatient (you blab too much , they leave) and they are accustomed to be able to `accomplish something` from your website.

hope that helps

• 4 posts
    May 10, 2007 10:34 PM EDT

benreich

dude, your site, needs a lot of work, the information is clutterred. nevermind the  layout, a side navigation bar and an image header on top is already good. Its just the content area. why not try opening a magazine. like national geographic, glamour and stuff. mimic their layout (for text) and try other fonts like arial, georgia or verdana.  

regarding Stami`s biz plan, I agree with Terrence and Steve because I think a blog is a more personal approach that fits the one-on-one relationship but what would he blog about? about clients (i dont think so) or about job temperament?  what job/post/description best suits you (the reader)?

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2013 10:06 AM EDT

Think of it as education... taking a class in book form.

---
    imi place sa joc jocuri cu mario invat sa gatesc din jocuri de gatit intra pe cel mai nou site jocuri cu bile

• 2 posts
    January 22, 2012 4:31 AM EST

I am still surprised at the number of small businesses that do not have a website. Most do not even have one small webpage. 

I am concerned about small businesses in America and this is just one example of how there seems to be like of enthusiasm for growth in this current economy.

I started a FREE newsletter to help people start their own small business and grow their wealth. No Scams. No Scums. http://www.developuniversity.com 

Not having a website is just one sign of lack up understanding that marketing is the backbone of a good business. I hope to explore these and other topics in my FREE Newsletter. Feel free to join at http://www.developuniversity.com

• 33 posts
    October 20, 2011 12:20 AM EDT

In my opinion you should do it yourself. You can also check for cheap web developers.

T0711

• 1 posts
    May 8, 2007 10:29 AM EDT
    Unless your business is web design or marketing or information providing of some kind (or you like to tinker on  your computer) I would leave building a site from scratch to someone who knows how to do it.

I am a web designer and consultant and teach web publishing. The point of any site is to build your business. It should be attractive to your target customer for the right reason: it has substance over style period.

If you can find a hosting / template provider that completely suits YOUR business then go that route. If your consulting business is about how expert you are in X then I would look at a blog.

A blog:
    - has MANY templates (themes) available (can be customized when you get to apoint to do that.
    - is dead simple to startup (10 mins or less) blogger, blogspot, wordpress
    - is VERY search engine friendly - frequent content change makes it attractive to search engines
    - has many add ons (plugins and widgets) for things like email subscriptions, contact forms, item sales (Amazon, etc.) translation, etc.

If your site is about you doing business and less about promoting your "brand" then I think a blog is the way to go. Its fast, simple and powerful - with almost no web design experience necessary.

No matter which direction you choose be aware that the only way for a site to be valuable to your business is frequent updating and maintenance. Both should be simple as possible. Web sites are more like a magazine or newspaper than a billboard. Be willing to invest the proper amount of time.

Hope that helps!

---
    Todd O`Neill
    Doing Media
    http://www.doingmedia.net
    San Antonio, TX

• 89 posts
    January 25, 2012 11:09 AM EST

Here is one resource that I have used where in you can create a website for only 3 bucks, http://tinyurl.com/buildasitefor3bucks check it out.

---
    http://www.funpromotionalproducts.com/ Promotional Products Supplier - Promotional Calendars

• 34 posts
    March 28, 2012 1:44 AM EDT

[quote] Hello friends.. i also wanna to create new web site.. Plz guide me...[/quote]

There are many sources now a days to create a site mostly through languages and codes. If you know languages you can very well create a site. Else you can go to some other professional and get their aid to create a site. Or if you need to create a site with your own taste without knowing any languages or programs, templates will help you. When creating a site through templates you can create a site within a day or two so that you can save time. i got my site created through templates. i got the templates from TheWebPole.com

• 10 posts
    October 18, 2011 5:21 PM EDT

Go over to themeforest and buy a website for $25. It you have some technical skills then you could be up and running in two hours.

---
    Smart Company Software
    Employee Training Record Database
    Asset Tracking Software
    Human Resource Software

• 1 posts
    April 26, 2007 5:37 AM EDT

Hello All

I am new to the site and the first post i have come across.

I am just in the process of starting my own business and only recently i have purchased a website template/package/software (not sure how to summarise it) through www.mrsite.com for just £35!  It is web based, so it allows you to login and create your website from any PC.  Have a look to see what you think. 

Sarah-Jane

---
    Sarah-Jane Robinson

• 29 posts
    December 8, 2011 3:34 PM EST

hi i wish to add my experience here .i brought the web site fully designed for my business from here xnynz.com here they design the web site based on our needs
    this mainly saves our time and money a lot .
    here the process is as follows
    1.tell your dream to them
    2.they work for you
    3.finally our dream comes to live
    they provide us with:
    * Your own Web site consultant to guide you through every step of the process
    * Your own personalized dream Web site design
    * Monthly updates to keep your site and content fresh and up-to-date
    * Hosting--With 99.9% guaranteed uptime and 24/7 support, your site is always up and running
    i felt happy with their service.

• 2 posts
    October 19, 2011 1:03 AM EDT

Hello friends.. i also wanna to create new web site.. Plz guide me...