Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

My day at QVC - here’s what to expect...

• 40 posts
    April 30, 2007 9:46 AM EDT

Melissa,

Glad that`s over for you, sorry it ruined your weekend that way.

Diana,

Yeah, I`ve read some of the same stuff about QVC.  Mixed blessing.  Remember, they are in the business to meet their needs, not the vendor`s per se.  That said I would have taken the spot, but I am not crushed that we are now going another way. 

Can`t wait to see what products won!

---
    Cal Morris www.lastingweightloss.com

• 40 posts
    May 3, 2007 6:45 AM EDT
    Outstanding!  Hope they go all the way and beyond! 

I knew someone was holding out on us.  Hope they share the whole scoop.

Anyway -- Congrats and hurrah!

---

• 40 posts
    May 3, 2007 1:07 PM EDT
    Yeah, I couldn`t pick out the SuNer.  Dying to know.

---

• 40 posts
    May 3, 2007 1:59 PM EDT
    Go Gwen!  Catch the wind!

And tell us all about it!  When did you hear?  Did they threaten you if you told?  Are they giving you a shot anyway?

---

• 40 posts
    May 3, 2007 2:08 PM EDT

Now, what do I do with this information?  I`m worried that people will think I want to make money off this horrible afflication...so many I should give a discount to children with austisim.

Not to worry.  If you were charging more to the autistic then maybe, but the people I`ve worked with are happy for any help.  Drug companies make money selling insulin to diabetics and there are those who complain, but not the diabetics.  They know what life would be like without the help insulin gives them.

You have a real chance to change lives for the better.  Take it.

FEASTer2007-5-3 19:10:43

---

• 40 posts
    May 6, 2007 4:36 PM EDT
    pupcentric,

Wow.  Looks identical to me.  Same name, even.  Really cheapens the whole process.  Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy . . . or worse yet, those in charge just don`t care.

Nice detective work. 

---

• 40 posts
    May 6, 2007 6:23 PM EDT
    Let me do some digging.  Maybe HS never actually distributed the product which would leave the door open for this contest. 

FEASTer2007-5-7 14:35:56

---

• 40 posts
    May 7, 2007 2:45 AM EDT
    Well, Lock`N`bake sure isn`t being distributed anywhere I can find right now.  HS doesn`t archive their old catalogs. 

According to the HS website the pan was on display at its Michigan Avenue store in 2004/2005.  In all fairness, that could have been where I saw it.  I can`t document that it was ever actually on sale anywhere, so maybe it never got beyond the prototype stage even with the notoriety.

So OK, it is Next Big Idea, not New Idea, and current distribution seemed important to QVC.  Be interesting if the HS and Time features begin working into the press releases. 

Hope she sells a boat load.. 

FEASTer2007-5-7 8:22:33

---

• 2 posts
    March 20, 2007 10:37 AM EDT

Jeannie!

You are the best!  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I think you just saved me like $200.  I was going to create story boards and really jazz up my presentation because I thought I would be several feet from a table of judges but I guess not!  I can`t thank you enough.  Good luck with your product. 

• 130 posts
    January 5, 2008 4:49 AM EST

I have been fascinated with all these postings re QVC, and I was very interested in your posting about the Big Idea Guys, can you give me more info on that? I am new so the site and very excited about all that goes on here.

Good Luck with your product which looks very marketable.

Colleen

---
    Colleen Dougherty Bronstein Designs
    Sun Safe Designer Clothing
    http://www.sunsafedesignerclothing.com
    http://www.bronsteinartwork.com

• 130 posts
    January 6, 2008 6:35 AM EST
    Now I understand the "The Big Idea" is the show that you are on which airs at 10pm. I loved all those postings, please keep us informed as to when you will be on.

Very exciting!!

Colleen

---
    Colleen Dougherty Bronstein Designs
    Sun Safe Designer Clothing
    http://www.sunsafedesignerclothing.com
    http://www.bronsteinartwork.com

• 44 posts
    March 10, 2007 5:05 PM EST
    Thank you for the post. I was wondering how Qvc set it up 
    • 62 posts
    March 31, 2007 7:08 PM EDT

Hi all I am new here and a tad late chiming in on this topic but I have so engrossed in reading I had forgotten to even register!

On the topic of getting a "read" on the judges, don`t be alarmed by their impartial appearane. Mine told us specifically that she was to act impartial so as not to show excitement. We had a lot of excitement at our table in Chicago but at the end of the day the decisions are made after the "sizzle" with notes and pictures to remember all the thousands that they saw over the three cities. So whoever said they could have a whole different take at HQ is right.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the magic e-mail regardless.

---
    Chit Chat and Chew is reconnecting families and changing lives. Visit us online at www.chitchatandchew.com

• 62 posts
    April 2, 2007 10:25 AM EDT

Cookie, what time was your appt.? We were in Rosemont presenting on Friday too. Ours was at 11:00 and we got there early at 10:30 and they were ready to see us so we went right in. We were there quite awhile, our interview lasted for almost an hour. I noticed the clock when we were cleaning up and packing stuff up and it was about 11:55. We were the last ones left, they had completed all their morning appointments and all the people had gone to lunch except for the ones at our table. Do you know which judge you had, was his name maybe Kevin? He was doing hardware, home improvements and automotive so I thought maybe you might have met with him. We ended up with about 10 different judges from all different kinds of media at the table trying the samples, it was unreal. Not sure what to make of it at this point, but I think it was a good thing. They asked a ton of questions and said not to change a single thing, leave the packaging and everything exactly as it was, ready to ship, compact and light weight, so, as like everyone else we are anxiously awaiting the 27th.

Hey Dip! I thought we were last...lol Hard to tell because it is/was such a blur. Did you see us? We were kinda hard to miss. Two women with chef hats and hot cookies and an easel? We had a fairly elaborate table too. We too had lots of attention but I think they were probably just hungry. The cookie smell didn`t hurt either...lol

I appreciated the fact that we had so much time to set up. Since we baked on site we needed that. Like you everyone was gone for lunch when we finished. Except that crowd waiting to talk to the current vendors. We figured we needed to leave on a good note and skipped that part. Plus we had a whole bunch of stuff to break down.

---
    Chit Chat and Chew is reconnecting families and changing lives. Visit us online at www.chitchatandchew.com

• 62 posts
    April 2, 2007 11:00 AM EDT

Yep we left at about 12:10. We were behind you at the end of the row by the wall and about 3 rows from the back. You would have had to turn around to see us. We were next ot a side door and went out that way. Trying to be ninjas...lol

I love that I didn`t feel rushed. The attention can be encouraging yet misleading. Like I said before things could change when they take the files back to HQ and have to remember you from a product photo and whatever materials they took from you.

The nail biting continues...

---

• 62 posts
    April 2, 2007 11:16 AM EDT

You know what, I must have thought you were some of the judges or helpers that helped carry our stuff to their lunchroom. I thought the only doors on that side of the row of tables lead to where they had their breakroom and lunchroom set up. They had several people help carry all our stuff in so that they could all enjoy it throughout the day so I probably did see you guys down there and didn`t realize it was anyone but a Harpo or QVC person. We thought they had all cleared out, other than that, everyone was gone, to funny .

So do you remember seeing us? We both had on matching yellow/gold tops with our navy and gold aprons?

No but I could barely recognize my partner I was so sleep deprived... The only one I remember was a little girl in a fairy outfit. And a guy that walked up to our table and tried to take our stuff thinking it was a give away or something. I had to practically chase him to get it back. And this was while we were getting ready to present! I thought I was going to have to tackle his butt. The judges thought it was funny.

---

• 62 posts
    April 2, 2007 11:23 AM EDT

Now that I think about it I was in there a while. I was in there long enough to see the 1 pm people start setting up. Did anyone see the lady with the casket? It had windows like a doll house. Can somebody please tell me how that 6 minute pitch looks? 

Don`t be impressed with the amount of time in our case though, we had a lot of stuff to take down anything after 12:15-ish was breaking down the stuff and running our mouths probably. 

---

• 62 posts
    April 2, 2007 12:02 PM EDT

25 Sleeps Left.....I would imagine that we will all be sitting at our computers until we get that email!!!  This board is going to be buzzing on the 27th.  I`m just happy that we are going to go on Spring Break next week so that eats up some of the time!

Hmmm 25 sleeps left. That is a good way to think about it. If only I could sleep...

---

• 62 posts
    April 3, 2007 3:29 PM EDT
    Yay!!! Only 24 more sleeps!

---

• 62 posts
    April 5, 2007 2:02 AM EDT
    Just to throw more speculation in the mix... The Oprah season wraps in May so they will definately have to notify, contact, prep, and shoot befor the season wraps. That is why I think the winners will hear relatively soon so they can get all of their due dilligence done and still have time to tape.

---

• 62 posts
    April 6, 2007 10:55 AM EDT

Hi and welcome Solved!

Try not to get discouraged if you haven`t heard yet. I don`t think anyone has. Between all of the genius I have seen on SuN someone from here was bound to have been selected and certainly would have told by now. I have it on pretty good authority that they are still processing everything and that we should not expect to hear anytime soon. They think they will need pretty close to the 27-ish or at least next week...

Nope I didn`t submit to GMA I kind of wish I had. Did you?

---

• 62 posts
    April 6, 2007 11:08 AM EDT
    Ok so Leslie you too are counting your sleeps? lol that is too funny...

---

• 62 posts
    April 10, 2007 3:56 AM EDT
    Yay!!! Only 16 sleeps to go... Hey FEASTer, what is festers?

---

• 62 posts
    April 21, 2007 3:51 AM EDT

Ok guys I have been away for a while but I have some info to share...

I have it on good authority that they currently have about 30 products going through Q&A right now. So if we haven`t gotten that call we can be pretty sure we didn`t make the show. However they will be sending emails on the 27th or so to everyone and that will detail if they are interested in moving forward with some of the other products. Since I have experience with them I kind of knew that we should have heard something considering the shooting constraints of the end of the Oprah Show season.

But the good news is that there are several products that will move forward with the QVC process so try to stay up. It just means those of us that haven`t heard thus far won`t do Oprah on that show. Bummed but still optimistic...

---

• 62 posts
    April 21, 2007 6:45 AM EDT

Is your product going through Q & A? 

I wish... nope we didn`t make it.

---