Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Just Curious - A Few Questions

• 11 posts
    September 2, 2007 9:34 PM EDT
    When you started your business and had your product ready for market, how did you first try to sell it, other than word of mouth?  Did you book space at a trade show?  Run radio/newspaper ads?  What did you do first, and was it successful for you? 

---
    Tired of watching television (especially cable news stations) and seeing that annoying news/info ticker running along the bottom of your screen? Finding it hard to watch and read at the same time? Me Too! Order your Ticker Sticker today and end that distraction.
    www.NoTicker.com

• 11 posts
    September 22, 2007 11:44 AM EDT

Thanks for the great advice. I very much appreciate it.

Jan

---
    Tired of watching television (especially cable news stations) and seeing that annoying news/info ticker running along the bottom of your screen? Finding it hard to watch and read at the same time? Me Too! Order your Ticker Sticker today and end that distraction.
    www.NoTicker.com

• 148 posts
    September 4, 2007 1:08 PM EDT

It helped us discover what worked, what didn`t, what processes were useful, which were pointless. It got us a sense of where we stand, how to compete, and what people would be willing to spend. We factored in the "flea market" bias, and that helped us figure out a pricing structure.

Hi Craig,

I`m also thinking about selling my product on ebay - now that I know where to post SmudgeGuard under! So do you have any good tips to share for those of us thinking about selling on ebay? I`m curious to hear your full story of what worked? What didn`t?

Thanks!

Jeannie

• 148 posts
    September 5, 2007 6:45 AM EDT

Craig,

That is very valuable information! Thanks for your detailed reply! I really appreciate it!

So if you say that the category doesn`t matter and that the Title is most important, then do I just type in a title that has the best key words?  Doesn`t it have to make sense?

For example, would I just type something like this:

Wacom Glove, Left-handed, Tablet PC, sticking to, Smudges?

Just need to understand it a bit more.

Thanks!

Jeannie

• 148 posts
    September 6, 2007 8:27 AM EDT

Hi Kathy and Craig!

You guys have some great advice! I`ll start working on that very soon.

Thanks so much!

Jeannie

• 148 posts
    September 17, 2007 6:50 AM EDT

Kathy,

What would you say is the best day to start the ebay auction on?

Jeannie

• 148 posts
    September 18, 2007 3:02 AM EDT

Thanks so much Kathy! Your tips are very helpful!

Jeannie