Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » People and Companies Who Inspire

Intrapreneur’s Ten Commandments

• 4 posts
    February 24, 2007 4:06 AM EST
    If you are working from the cubicle and you dream of becoming an entrepreneur, why not start as an intra-preneur and test your abilities?

One of my preferred bosses, at the time I was () a banker, had prepared those 10 commandments. What do you think??

1. Come to work each day willing to be fired
    2. Circumvent any orders aimed at stopping your dream
    3. Do any job needed to make your project work, regardless of your job description
    4. Find people to help you
    5. Follow your intuition about the people you chose, and work only with the best
    6. Work underground as long as you can, publicity triggers the corporate immune mechanism
    7. Never bet on a race, unless you are running in it
    8. Remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for for permission
    9. Be true to your goals, but be realistic about the ways to achieve them
    10. Honor your sponsors

---
    P2P Consultants
    Smart Strategies at Work
    www.p2pconsultants.com

• 11 posts
    May 8, 2012 12:54 AM EDT

excellent topics i like very much seventh one , Never bet on a race, unless you are running in it.

---
    Acai Berry | Blue Pills

• 621 posts
    February 24, 2007 4:39 AM EST

Great Tips! You should always strive to be your best in business. If it is Your business or someone elses. It all comes back to you!

Erin

---
    Our Goal Is Your Success!
    Founder Girls with Goals

• 1 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:09 AM EST

I was lucky enough to play both entrepreneurship roles. Entrepreneur - as a co-founder of EyeView; Intrapreneur – as the intra-founder of INTENTclick and it’s Managing Director (similar role to a CEO of INTENTclick if it was an external startup). They each have different challenges but I found both to be equally rewarding. Here is a quick comparison of the two - www.yanivnizan.com/2011/11/what-is-intrapreneurship.html