Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Protecting Your Ideas

Patent search by company

• 990 posts
    July 24, 2011 10:13 AM EDT

have lawyer look into prior art

---
    James Lindon, Ph.D. Patent Attorney
    Lindon & Lindon, LLC
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Pharmacy Law, Litigation
    [this is not legal advice - provided for discussion only]
    Intellectual Property for the Individual and Small Business: Identify, Protect, Enforce, Defend.
    "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
    http://www.LindonLaw.com

• 1 posts
    May 24, 2011 4:50 PM EDT

Hello all,

I am currently developing a line of wooden puzzles, arts & crafts, and classic toys that leverage existing products but designed and illustrated for a niche market.  Obviously not wanting to invest in a business to later realize the foundation has been built on infringed intellectual property rights, I have been searching through the US patent database.  My question to this community is what is the best way to identify whether a product marketed by a certain company is patented or not?  I would hate to put myself and the future of the business at risk based on a inadequate patent search criteria.  Are companies generally willing to offer this type of information to the general public or indirect competitors?

Thank you for any insight you are able to offer.

Eric

• 2 posts
    January 15, 2012 1:24 PM EST

Heres some great info on patent search!

Hope it helps

---
    Birthday Cakes

• 1 posts
    December 6, 2012 5:40 PM EST

Informatics Outsourcing is an Offshore Intellectual Property Services company. They are providing Intellectual Property services for Bio Technology, Biochemistry, Drug Discovery, Chemistry, etc

• 1 posts
    January 24, 2012 6:11 PM EST

Definitely talk to a lawyer, but like wgriggs said do your research otherwise it'll just be a waste of your time or money. I found this resource pretty useful when looking into patent search

• 5 posts
    November 14, 2011 6:00 AM EST

Before you spend a dollar I recommend you do review all your options and have a solid understanding of your options before you approach a lawyer.

This blog post should help you out! Keep up the good work!

• 17 posts
    January 21, 2012 4:18 AM EST

Inventors are encouraged to search the USPTO’s patent database to see if a patent has already been filed or granted that is similar to your patent. Patents may be searched in the USPTO Patent Full-Text and Image Database (PatFT). The USPTO houses full text for patents issued from 1976 to the present and TIFF images for all patents from 1790 to the present.

---
    Fort Collins Kitchen Remodeling | Loveland Kitchen Cabinets

• 5 posts
    October 31, 2014 8:38 AM EDT
    Get into game patenting, head to http://www.igamesforgirls.com/doll it is a doll games for girls where all list are license.
    • 27 posts
    November 3, 2014 10:08 PM EST
    With innovations and idea development evolving fast, patent searching has also change in order to adapt the changes in intellectual property. As a patent searcher, you can put the certain business at risk if you are not diligent and resourceful enough in searching for patents.

But the good news is that many patent database has also improved a lot when it comes to there systems and software in navigating patents and in using different search techniques and criteria. For example, the https://www.patexia.com/ip-research is a simple database that allows users to use different criteria in searching for patent. It also has a visualization that will help you analyze the results.

What is important in patent searching is that you must know that different techniques and criteria for searching. Criteria includes classification, documents, clustering, Boolean OR operator, Patent Data Value Indicators and keywords.