Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

How to make a promotional video go viral

• 120 posts
    February 23, 2013 6:05 PM EST

The main factor in having a successful video is you must have great content and it must be relevant. After that, it is up to you what happens next. To get you started on your way to worldwide exposure, here are four tips for optimizing videos: 

1. Create short, high-quality videos.

Your video does not need to longer than two to three minutes at the max. Shorter videos shot with a high-quality camera result in the most views, links, and comments. And, remember to choose a high-resolution thumbnail image to characterize your video in the search results. 

2. Place keywords in your video's title and description.

Search engines don’t have the ability to read video content, so it is up to you to tell the engines (and the viewers) what is contained in your video. Write a short, precise description of your video using the keyword terms most likely used by your viewers. 

3. Become you own salesperson.

Promote your video through your Facebook, Twitter, and other social network channels. Have your friends and followers comment on your videos. Linking your video to your Facebook and Twitter accounts will result in others linking to your video. All of these promotion efforts will increase your video’s search engine rankings. 

4. Make it easy for others to do the work.

Your settings on YouTube should allow your viewers to vote, comment, rate, and embed your video on their sites. I am always amazed at the number of people who go to the trouble of creating a video and then work against themselves by limiting viewer access.

Produce good content and implement these tips and you are well on your way to surpassing the most popular video of all time, Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” which was viewed a half a billion times.

---
    Looking for the latest information on mortgage rates? Get a loan you love by visiting LoanLove.com and learn from our helpful experts.

• 4 posts
    March 13, 2013 1:35 AM EDT

Thanks for the excellent ideas guys - i'm feeling very inspired! I'm making a video about LED lighting, I want to make it visually amazing so people will share it...

---
    Online Marketing Executive at www.sednaled.co.uk

• 4 posts
    January 23, 2013 10:48 PM EST

Hello all!

I am a Marketing Executive at an LED lights company and I want to make a promotional video, with the intention of it going viral.

I just wanted to know your opinions on promotional videos..

What qualities do you think a video must have for it to go viral, or for it to be a success?

Do you think the use of comedy or parody is a risk; could it look a bit naff if not done well?

---

• 4 posts
    January 28, 2013 1:54 AM EST

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated....

---

• 5 posts
    March 17, 2013 2:52 PM EDT

Whiteboard animation videos have become more and more popular lately, mainly because they convert better and keep the viewers attention longer. But despite the type of video, as long as it has an attention getting title and great content, then it has the potential to go viral.

Here's an example: http://youtu.be/TNjNuFjn4hM

• 7 posts
    February 18, 2013 9:15 AM EST

If your definition of going 'viral' is solely to get the most views of the video as possible, then funny is a good way to go. It's also been proven that positivity breeds more views than negativity.

In my personal research, I came across this article that I've found helpful in identifying what features increase a videos virility.  

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2242466/4-Tips-to-Create-a-Viral-Video

• 29 posts
    March 1, 2013 12:13 AM EST

Try Social Media Marketing or there are website as well where you can bookmark your videos

---
    Online Accounting Degree

• 8 posts
    February 22, 2013 6:50 PM EST

Excellent post thanks for your posting.

---
    the financial Gain

• 8 posts
    February 22, 2013 7:17 PM EST
    • 6 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:06 PM EDT

I must say that idea about video marketing for business is absolutely precious way for marketing of product or services. In video marketing you should provide accurate product information of business which helps to customers understand about it. You must create theme based video and share this video on popular videos sites or also on social networking site. So, this process helps you to promote your business behalf video marketing. 

---
    Mobile SMS Advertising

• 3 posts
    March 20, 2013 11:15 AM EDT

Hey!

I agree that white board animation videos are cool and highly engaging. At the same time, there are many other factors to consider...like:

1. Have you marketed your video via Twitter, Fb, Youtube, reddit, Pinterest, etc.?

2. Have you provided key information in your video?

3. Have you engaged your audience and encouraged them to take action?

We've recently been doing a good amount of Video Marketing, and have noticed that this is form of marketing is highly engaging, and more companies are starting to use it.

Viv

CEO - Ace Online Marketing

http://AceOnlineMarketing.com

• 1 posts
    January 28, 2013 2:21 AM EST

Hi, EllieSednalLED

For a video to be considered a success, you have to first consider what your KPIs are and what your goal is for the promotional video. Is it to drive webtraffic, sales, or are you simply looking to generate views? It's tough to constantly think "viral" as there is not a secret sauce for creating viral video content. And if you get stuck in that mind set, then you may just be spinning your wheels.

We've found success by creating content that is tailored to our target audience, which leads to an increase in web traffic (from YouTube) and overall video engagement. Funny video content does increase the "virality" of video content, but simply creating something funny may not resonate with your audience - which at the end of the day is what every business is trying to accomplish.

Best of luck on your video marketing endeavors!

- WaspBarcode

---
    Barcode Scanners and Inventory Control Software

• 7 posts
    March 21, 2013 2:33 AM EDT

i dont think you can force things to go 'viral'. the term viral is also pretty vauge.

look at whoever you think is being sucessful and see what you can learn. marketing fundamentals will still apply: offering value to the right people.

---
    http://youronlinestuff.com online marketing blog - for SEO, social media etc.