Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Marketing

Wheres a good place for Free Business cards?

• 33 posts
    May 23, 2013 7:15 PM EDT

Free stuff cost's too much.

Market Media

• 1 posts
    October 2, 2008 8:02 AM EDT
    I evaluated online business card printers at my business card website last year - I do NOT recommend Vistaprint - see Business Card Printer Reviews.

You can get 100 free business cards at the link below - nice cards, no text on the back, reputable company - you DO pay $6.95 S/H, US only.  If you want to order more than 100 cards, they`ll take the value (I think it`s $14.99) off your order.

100 Free Business Cards

---
    Diana Ratliff,
    Your Friend on the Web and Send Out Cards
    YourFriendOnTheWeb.com
    Shouldn`t your website work as hard as YOU do?TM

• 18 posts
    November 23, 2011 8:14 AM EST

I heard Vista Print is a good resource.  Products are decent, you can purchase additional ones at a very low cost and if you ask they will help you set up your design.

---
    dominoes rules

• 9 posts
    September 30, 2008 5:06 AM EDT

Ive come accross a few of those 250 free business card sites, any recommendations for where a good place to get free cards is?

Also does anyone know of any of these free card deals where they let you use your own design?

Thanks.

---
    Video Editing Help
    Photo Editing Help
    Auto A/C Compressors

• 46 posts
    January 16, 2013 7:23 PM EST

Business cards are the first impression of your business. Don't get into the free thing. Get a proper designer to design it for you. It hardly cost anything but will be a big boost to add your business reputation.

• 731 posts
    September 30, 2008 7:35 AM EDT
    DVDESIGN,
    Why are you so into "free business cards?", don`t tell me you don`t have 60.00 dollars to purchase a business card with your design on it? The funny thing is you want them for free with your own design... don`t most places you`ve visited charge like $10.00 extra for your design? Don`t tell me you don`t want to spend $10.00 to upload your design or Logo?

Remember, Customers are going to judge you by your business card. Just advise

---
    Edgar Monroy
    Web Developer / Owner / Consultant
    When starting your own business the need to "know-how" is greater than money!
    http://www.nuevolution.net

• 4 posts
    July 23, 2013 9:25 PM EDT

I evaluated online business card printers at my business card website last year - I do NOT recommend Vistaprint - see Business Card Printer Reviews.

You can get 100 free business cards at the link below - nice cards, no text on the back, reputable company - you DO pay $6.95 S/H, US only.  If you want to order more than 100 cards, they`ll take the value (I think it`s $14.99) off your order.

100 Free Business Cards

Broken Links. <--Just so you know.

• 4 posts
    July 23, 2013 9:27 PM EDT

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I am ordering my next supplies (magnets, stickers) from Remipub.com - I wanted to patronize my fellow SUN`ers, so I`m splitting up my printing needs.:)

remipub is some japanese website blog with nothing to do with ordering anything.

• 4 posts
    July 23, 2013 9:24 PM EDT

I was just having this very conversation with my graphic designer this morning. I said I never call back people with the vistaprint free business cards or cards printed from their lazer printer...makes me feel they are definitely starting out and unstable with their finances(the exception here is obviously the teens I work with hence exactly why I work with them).

Even if you are the poorest, brokest, down to your last few pennies person in the world and you only have 100 dollars to start your business...much of your success going forward comes down to whether you are perceived as a credible person and people judge that not only by dialogue but also by packaging and design (what type of business you will attract). And again, if you only have a little bit of money to spend on your biz start up expenses I would say skip the website design (and save quite a bit there), skip the brochures (seldom do people call from those things anyway) and order the domain name and get an email address with the domain name, but definitely invest in professionally designed cards.

vistaprint.com like others have stated is a good source for inexpensive good quality cards and if you order the premium cards (around $29 bucks I think) they will do the design services for you for free. So make sure you have someone professionally lay them out. It is much better in the short and long term.

Shonika
    girlwiredin10/1/2008 11:23 AM

This guy clearly has never met someone just coming out of collage around 2012. None of these guys are going to listen to this kind of socio-economic bullpucky Class Warfare banter. Beautiful business cards? Didn't we all see American Psycho, or does cultural education have no ring to it on a business card?

• 4 posts
    July 23, 2013 9:16 PM EDT

I mean, who ever makes free business cards, they're advertising for free. They put a watermark on there. I don't understand why no one actually helped OP (original poster). I don't know if you guys heard this, but advertising and information has become more valuable than paper cards. What if Bill Cosby orders a small batch of free cards from your business? Your advertising, if the cards look good, will be passed onto others who will buy your cards at a larger batch in the future. It's stingy to charge people to start up their own companies and afford everything. They need a little help to get started. What if they speak ebonics or have an accent? It'll be even harder!

This isn't perfect, as I'm on my own quest for a good amount of business cards to sample, but moo.com at least sends you 10 free ones. The design capabilities are really impressive because most services can't even handle an image upload; this one does it with good design sense and style. I am already out all my business cards, because I accidentally stumbled upon a hive of people I really liked, but I'm thinking I may get some back. My one client is pretending to lose my cards so he can give them out to others. I hope I can trick the system to give me another 10 cards. FREE SHIPPING. This is a good company.

http://us.moo.com/partner/sample/

• 26 posts
    October 10, 2008 12:02 PM EDT
    I recently had my business cards printed at www.printprintprint.biz , who I found here on SUN, and I am extremely happy! I have two sided cards, and I paid around $90 including shipping for 5000 cards. And best of all, I didn`t have to go through FOURTEEN upsale pages like I did at Vistaprint.

---
    http://www.ifancyfood.com

• 26 posts
    October 10, 2008 12:20 PM EDT
    Oh, and I forgot to mention. I am ordering my next supplies (magnets, stickers) from Remipub.com - I wanted to patronize my fellow SUN`ers, so I`m splitting up my printing needs.:)

---
    http://www.ifancyfood.com

• 621 posts
    September 30, 2008 8:04 PM EDT
    Vista print is good, but the free will get you there branding on the back. It is worth paying for a professional design.

---
    Our Goal Is Your Success!
    Founder Girls with Goals

• May 10, 2013 9:27 AM EDT

Hm, you'll still be paying with the free business cards deals i see around because, unless you can pick them up from that store, chances are you'll still pay for the shipping fee. I advise that you get your stickers, magnets and business cards all in one place to save up on shipping fees. I also recommend Cardprinting.us, they offer a lot of sevices including business card printing, even free design evaluation.

• 26 posts
    October 6, 2008 7:55 PM EDT
    Ah, the good old "free business card" debate.  Please consider just how much impact your business image holds.  A lot of times the image you present will make or break your business.  As was mentioned earlier - some people immediately disregard any promotional material that has a cheap/inferior air about.  Depending on the business type, the business card may be the first, main or even only representation a person sees of your business.  This is a case of "first impressions count."  And don`t settle for "pretty good" if you don`t have to.  Unless you have a totally unique product or service, you are facing stiff competition.  I like to say - don`t just be seen, be remembered.  The quality of print and design of your marketing material will go a long way in acheiving this goal. 

It`s interesting - I too evaluated VistaPrints "premium" products compared to our standard business cards.  We came in about $50 less for 1000 cards if you count their upcharge for custom design (we include this) ... $20 less without design service.  On top of that, we are using a higher quality printing process and our paper is about twice as thick.  My point being... sometimes the "cheap" route can ultimately be more expensive.

---
    Quality full color printing at discounted prices is just a few clicks away...
    http://www.remipub.com

• 26 posts
    October 12, 2008 3:05 PM EDT

That is so cool!

I couldn`t agree more!  Thanks foodietwoshoes, we`ll look forward to working with you. 
    Remipub10/12/2008 8:10 PM

---
    Quality full color printing at discounted prices is just a few clicks away...
    http://www.remipub.com

• 1 posts
    January 10, 2013 8:02 AM EST

BluegrassPrint.com is a great business card printing company. They have awesome quality and low prices (not free, but also not crappy quality or their logo on the back). You can upload custom designs or design online for free. Here is a link if anyone is interested - Business Cards