Make Connections

Network, Get Answers, Find Members in Your Area, and More!

Forums » Sales

Selling to QVC

• 1 posts
    September 19, 2012 2:44 PM EDT
    • 101 posts
    July 18, 2007 6:56 AM EDT

I had posted an earlier topic about selling to different channels (Retail and Catalog) and did receive some great comments.  Appreciate that.  From that discussion I am now trying to determine if selling to home shopping networks like QVC first could be the way to launch a new product and now looking for feedback specifically to this channel.

We feel this problem solver product would be perfect for QVC as it meets all of the requirements listed on their site.

After searching here on the Sun site and others including QVC.com, I have a few questions.

It appears that QVC chooses products that are not yet nationally distributed.  They want to be first.  It also appears that a product that sells on QVC will re-appear on a regular schedule of 8 minutes until the sales fall below their required $/minute.  Then they drop you.

How often do they run your product segment?

I know they require inventory at their warehouse before they run your show.  I read where they only pay you for what sells.  Is this like a consignment deal where they pay monthly for units sold?

What happens to the remaining inventory when they drop you.  Am I expected to pay the freight back?  Other charges?

Is it at this time when they drop a product that the company would move into retail and catalog channels with the logo "As seen on TV"?

How is your product received by the buyers at the Retail and Catalog channels after being sold on the home shopping networks?

QVC broadcasts into 90 million homes.  Does anyone know what percentage of this 90 million buyers typically purchase a product on average.

How is QVC to work with?

Would I sell them at the same wholesale price?

Positve or negative experiences?  Was it worth it?

Greatly appreciate any and all answers or comments.

• 101 posts
    July 18, 2007 12:09 PM EDT

Trent, every piece of information I can gather helps a lot.

They talked about the desired price point, did they talk about their cost or where you need to be on that?

What is the price point to your other channels?  Is it also $29.99

Thanks for responding.

• 101 posts
    July 19, 2007 7:36 AM EDT

Cookie.  Thanks for the info.  I take it then that you sold your Wedgie on QVC?  If so, how long did they run your product?  And how often?

Thanks

• 101 posts
    July 23, 2007 6:07 AM EDT

You`re right Jo Anne.  This Sun forum is a great resource.

I was wondering if anyone here has any comments / preference about QVC vs HSN?

Thanks again so much for all the helpful information

Doug

• 101 posts
    July 23, 2007 6:13 AM EDT

Hi Trent.  Can you tell me the website for marketforce media.

Thanks

• 8 posts
    July 23, 2007 5:12 AM EDT

I love this SuN forum.  Such usefull information that applies to many.  I would like very much to have some more users reply here as this topic might apply to me too.  I`m really a novice at this market stuff.

Jo Anne

• 30 posts
    July 23, 2007 11:53 PM EDT

drvag,

www.marketforcetv.com

Or you can simply do a google search for just Marketforce Media.

So far I have had better luck with the buyers @ HSN, to answer your question above on QVC vs. HSN.

GetAGrip,

Can you please explain your more favorable HSN experience?  Thank you.

---
    Wishing you all continued blessings and successes!
    ~Roshelle (aka SparkleGirl), SparklingCards.com
    We provide customized cards that make your gifts shine! Also, our Wedding Day Survival Kit has been featured in America`s Bride Magazine.

Also, please check out my new venture, welcome2college.com - a FREE resource site for prospective and newly enrolled university and college students.

• 30 posts
    July 24, 2007 11:18 AM EDT
    Thank you for the explanation and good luck to you!

---
    Wishing you all continued blessings and successes!
    ~Roshelle (aka SparkleGirl), SparklingCards.com
    We provide customized cards that make your gifts shine! Also, our Wedding Day Survival Kit has been featured in America`s Bride Magazine.

Also, please check out my new venture, welcome2college.com - a FREE resource site for prospective and newly enrolled university and college students.

• 44 posts
    July 19, 2007 7:13 AM EDT

I can answer one of your questions.  What doesn`t sell, you take back, the shipping charges are yours.  They do want the merchandise in the warehouse far in advance so you have to be ready to have product tied up for conceivably months & months.

• 44 posts
    July 21, 2007 4:51 PM EDT
    No, drvag, I haven`t sold on QVC.  Got the info from someone I met who did.  Her product was Petalk.
    • 1 posts
    August 27, 2012 12:11 AM EDT

Very help article, I might wastage this in favor of my blog to make the most of it to the fullest. ThanksĀ Iklan Internet Murah Efektif Berkualitas Indonesia : free advertisement |iklan | Laku.com Belanja Online Grosir Eceran Murah dan Aman

• 6 posts
    September 19, 2012 7:14 PM EDT

I agree with the information you have provided .....
    regard: Sepeda Motor Bebek Injeksi Kencang dan Irit Jupiter Z1

• 85 posts
    July 18, 2007 11:40 AM EDT

I won`t be a lot of help, however I presented to QVC three times now.  Everytime we approached them they have got closer to our price.  The first time we approached they told us right away that we are in, until we started to discuss cost.  QVC wanted my $29.99 MSRP product to be sold on QVC for $10.99, as you can imagine I had to turn them down, they are just now getting closer to a realistic price for us.  They seem to be honest and care about their clients, as far as working with them.

Sorry I could not answer more of your questions.

---
    Trent Rousey
    President - 3R Products, Inc.

• 85 posts
    July 20, 2007 5:02 AM EDT

drvag,

QVC wanted our item to be a $10.99 retail plus shipping/Handling.  I found it odd because they state very clearly in other areas that they don`t want any items to be priced that low.  Our MSRP in every location we sell is $29.99-$34.99 and the product does great.  After our second presentation to QVC, they werew willing to budge a little, but they still wouldn`t get close to what we wanted.  There was also of course the guaranteed sale, so I could not take that risk of buying container loads for QVC and have them send me back product, even though I know we would sell out on QVC.

Check out Marketforce Media, I am currently working with them on a 60 sec. spot that will air 3000 times in 60 major cities.

If I can help, you can email me.

tmrousey@uslnet.com

---
    Trent Rousey

• 85 posts
    July 23, 2007 8:34 AM EDT

drvag,

www.marketforcetv.com

Or you can simply do a google search for just Marketforce Media.

So far I have had better luck with the buyers @ HSN, to answer your question above on QVC vs. HSN.

---
    Trent Rousey

• 85 posts
    July 24, 2007 4:35 AM EDT

Sparklegirl,

I have simply had better luck in talking with who I need to speak with.  At QVC it seems that I got a lot of run around and pushing me aside.  At HSN I could always reach who I was supposed to be talking with. 

To date, I have not been on either, however I am very close with HSN.  It is just my opinion that HSN has been easier to work with.

---
    Trent Rousey